Re: Unhappy new customer...poor customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is the last thing we want you to do. We would be sad if you left. I am a consumer myself so I understand wanting to make sure that you are able to use all your features. Can you tell me more about what is going on so I can help? -Amber

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all, all features worked great with old carrier, its Verizon not supporting advance messaging on any phone other than a 3 yr old phone. Second, rebate has been entered and set to be processed in end of july. Why so long to process a rebate. Thats ridiculous.

Heres what i get when i try Rcs:

Screenshot_20210626-102513_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikem2572, we always want to make sure that you can get the best help possible! So we can work on this, please send us a Private Message for better assistance! 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

New here.. not sure how to pm

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really need Advanced messaging to work. Its ridiculous that it only works on a phone that is 3 yrs old. I paid a lot of money and switched because i thought that, being number 1 carrier, that all my features would work just like with T-Mobile. Now i wish i never switched. Not to mention 8 to 10 weeks just to process a rebate? Thats ridiculous. Thats a big reason i switched and i can't even use the money from the rebate to pay my bill and purchase items? And lastly its garbage that i can't use call filter plus on an unlocked phone. Had no issues with this on Sprint or T-mobile. Thats ridiculous for a company that is the biggest and supposedly number 1 provider. If these issues cannot be fixed, advanced messaging being priority, I'm switching back. I've worked tech support, should be as easy as flipping a switch or a small firmware update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikem2572, 

I know how exciting it is when you get a new phone, and I can certainly understand why you would be frustrated to find that some features do not work. While we strive to offer as many features as possible, it is true that phones purchased through other providers may not  be compatible with all Verizon features. This is because they were not designed with our network in mind, and so there may be some features that do not fully work on your device. 

While I can certainly understand your frustration regarding the rebate, the rebate process does take time. I am confident that after 8-10 weeks, you will receive your rebate right on schedule. 

Thank you, 

Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Mikem2572, 

I know how exciting it is when you get a new phone, and I can certainly understand why you would be frustrated to find that some features do not work. While we strive to offer as many features as possible, it is true that phones purchased through other providers may not  be compatible with all Verizon features. This is because they were not designed with our network in mind, and so there may be some features that do not fully work on your device. 

While I can certainly understand your frustration regarding the rebate, the rebate process does take time. I am confident that after 8-10 weeks, you will receive your rebate right on schedule. 

Thank you, 

Michelle_VZW 

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Mikem2572, 

Thank you, 

Michelle_VZW 

That is not true at all. An unlocked galaxy, direct from Samsung is designed to run on ANY network right out of the box, the problem is Verizon wants to force you to buy one of their branded phones, other carriers do not do this. As far as call filter plus, i can do without. Here is my frustration with customer service. You guys are not listening to what I'm telling you. The sticking point is the advanced messaging. And dont tell me again how wonderful messages + is...its a horribly ugly layout and rcs does not work unless the other person is a Verizon customer. Advanced messaging Works on every other carrier. But only on a 3 yr old phone at Verizon? Thats my problem and thats what i need. Forget it, i am going to the T-Mobile store tomorrow to switch back. Obviously no one is going to fix this when i know its as simple as flipping a switch or a small software update. And i will be filing a FCC complaint. My suggestion, escalate this and the many other posts regarding advanced messaging to someone in charge so they can see how upset people are about this and why people are switching back to old carriers. 

0 Likes
Denverclimber
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon, in the last few years, hardly ever... listens to their customers and fails to come up with viable answers. Its their recent teachings, directives...from the upper management to coddle, APPEASE, deflect and make it so difficult for the customer to receive true, positive resolutions.  Verizon wants to make things so difficult,  that the customer simply... gives up.  I've  been with Verizon for over twenty one years and these problems with customer service have ramped up the last three years.  Many folks are leaving Verizon, frustrated and disappointed.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, we appreciate our customer's feedback and we will share your feedback with our Leadership Team. We always want to provide clear, concise, and transparent information to our customers. It's never Verizon's intention to inconvenience any of our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you.

We'd certainly regret losing you and we'd like to continue being your service provider for many more years to come. We'd be more than glad to continue working with you to address and resolve your concerns (e.g., Call Filter app,  Advanced messaging, Message + app).

Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously. Let's continue working together.  How does this work for you?  - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Mikem2572
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like i said, if advanced messaging can get resolved i will be happy, that is my main concern. The other things would be a plus

0 Likes