Unlocked Samsung S22 Ultra from Samsung.com
TomEUS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have purchased an unlocked S22 Ultra from www.samsung.com due to the fact the system would not allow me to place an order for Verizon branded one because I have a postpaid account (entire B.S.) as I am paying a full price) but I am having second thoughts after reading this forum.

Are there any features that are not going to work like 5G, visual voicemail, wifi calling etc.?

What about coverage/receptions - is there any difference in the bands between the unlocked version and the Verizon one?

Thank you in advance for help!

Labels (1)
Re: Unlocked Samsung S22 Ultra from Samsung.com
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TomEUS, knowing how an unlocked phone works is a must. We will be pleased to provide you with the information you need. 

We are not able to guarantee that Verizon branded features will work with an unlocked phone. 

Please review the following 

Benefits and Questions Before Getting an Unlocked Phone

https://www.verizon.com/articles/whats-an-unlocked-phone/

The Difference Between Locked and Unlocked Phones

https://www.verizon.com/articles/unlocked-vs-contract-phones/

Does this help? -Jacob

0 Likes
TomEUS
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, not really. The information provided is very generic and it does not help.

I need to know which SPECIFIC services will NOT work on SPECIFIC device - Samsung S22 Ultra.

You really need to start publishing the tables of features not work on monthly basis - seems the forum is full of similar questions.

In addition I need to know which frequencies and bands are used in my area so I can compare to the unlocked phone. I have this, but again it's very high level:

tim_

Hi Tom,

Can you comment on your experience with Verizon features (Video calling, WiFi Calling, HD calling) on your unlocked S22 Ultra?  I have searched this community and the internet on this subject, and chatted with both Verizon and Samsung, and so far I have received non-answers,  ambiguous answers, and just plain conflicting information on the subject.  Your firsthand experience with the specific phone I am thinking of buying would be extremely valuable to me, my wife's Note9 just quit and we want to replace it soon.  The unlocked versions of the S22 Ultra have more memory, are less expensive,  and are actually available for purchase. 

Thanks!

Tim 

0 Likes
joelmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Samsung feature Call and text on other devices will not work on my Verizon provided Samsung S22 Ultra.  That feature has been disabled and removed.  In order to access this feature you will need to purchase a Shared Line for $10/mo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello joelmp, thank you for reaching out to Verizon. Remember, the Verizon team is available 24/7. You can send us a PM to better assist you and find a solution to any concern you may have!

>Janet

0 Likes