Unsupported sd card- Samsung galaxy S5
Stephenflowers

My phone recently updated and since then I have been getting an Unsupported sd card message.  I could not format the card while it was in the phone.   When  I have removed the card I found that  it still works on my laptop.  I was able to move data on and off the card using the laptop. 

I have also tried using a brand new sd card in the phone and still receive the same error message and unable to read or format the card. 

Is there any way to get the phone to recognize the cards?

0 Likes
Re: Unsupported sd card- Samsung galaxy S5
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What size SD card are you using?  The Galaxy S5 supports up to 128GB.  Are you trying a particular brand? 

0 Likes
Stephenflowers

128 GB .  I have been using a PNY.  I have been using this card with no problems since I got the phone. That has been over a year and a half.

I tried a brand new Samsung card last night   (Samsung EVO 128GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS1 Memory Card) and still got the same error messages.

Both cards work fine when used on a laptop

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK-so you've tried two different brands, one that's previously worked in the same phone, and a brand new one.  Both work in a computer.  Phone will not recognize or format.  Hmmmm....

I'm stumped.  Maybe try a system cache clear - How to clear the cache on the Galaxy S5 for better performance - AndroidPIT and see if that improves things?

0 Likes
Stephenflowers

Tried to clear the cache with and without the sd card in the phone.  No luck either way

0 Likes
Stephenflowers

I also have did a complete factory reset and still getting the same  "unsupported sd card" message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stephenflowers,

I relay heavily on my sd card for storage. Let's work together to resolve. Have you tried wiping the cache partition in the recovery mode? Here are the steps to get there. http://spr.ly/65868OEap

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes