Unsupported sd card after system update G900VVRU2DQC2 4/14/17
KB-AZ

Previous posts with the same problem have never resulted in a reason or fix. Any ideas?

Already tried clearing the cache. Started in safe mode and can see all the apps that should be on

the sd card but they seem to be active in regular mode.  The sd card won't format.  Gets to 20% and then

stops with an error. ?????

0 Likes
Re: Unsupported sd card after system update G900VVRU2DQC2 4/14/17
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have a computer that can read your sd card? If it can you can try to format it from the computer to see if that will work. The computer can also scan the card to see if there is any issues with the card itself .

0 Likes
Re: Unsupported sd card after system update  G900VVRU2DQC2 4/14/17
MICK1976

Have you tried to unmount the SD card then remount it in the settings menu? It will be in the storage settings. This worked for me after I did the software update.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the card may have failed if if can't be seen with usb(select media on drop down, not charge only) on pc.

0 Likes
TraeWhit
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the 4-14-17 update my phone did this as well.

After the update it would not register my sd card, it wasn't even listed under storage in my files. I had to remove battery and restart phone to get it to register long enough to move my needed apps back to internal storage. Once that was done I started getting a warning that the sd card was unsupported and needed to be formatted. I removed the sd card and backed up contents to my desktop. Now I am having sound issues. All sounds will just stop. I still get my notification light but no sounds, no alarms, and if a call comes in they can't hear me and I can't hear the caller. The only thing that has changed was the update, no new apps installed, no other downloads.

I can deal without the sd card but the sound issue has got to be fixed.

0 Likes
TraeWhit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know about others but my sd card was fine on my computer, it was strictly phone related.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TraeWith, I regret to learn you are having these issues after that latest software update. I do want to help you right here. Have you checked to make sure all your apps in the Play Store are up to date since this update has been completed? Do you still have the audio issues when your device is in safe mode https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111483/?

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes