Update Question
Klue
Master - Level 1

Looks like I will have two updates to contend with 4.2.2 (supplemental) and the new 4.3.

Question is can I skip the first and go right to 4.3? or are they both required in order of receipt.  I plan on doing a factory reset prior to downloading either of them to minamize problems.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update Question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It really depends on how the update files are packages. You might have to install one at a time.

I know in the past with a HTC Thunderbolt system update, they stopped a smaller minor update after there were issues. The Gingerbread update that followed was packages in two different files. One file was for the user who installed the minor update and a second file that had both the minor update and the Gingerbread update in one package.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It really depends on how the update files are packages. You might have to install one at a time.

I know in the past with a HTC Thunderbolt system update, they stopped a smaller minor update after there were issues. The Gingerbread update that followed was packages in two different files. One file was for the user who installed the minor update and a second file that had both the minor update and the Gingerbread update in one package.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Thanks Ann

Makes sence as some of the features in the first might not be included in the seconds one. Sometime this week I'll install both updates between factory resets and hope I don't develop the wifi and battery issues others have.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have installed both already and didn't have any issues with the maintenance update to 4.2.2 sinceinstalling a week or so ago. It is too early to tell on the 4.3 update since it was installed this morning.

I already know my Maps issue where the arrow isn't pointing in the correct direction wasn't fixed, it might be a Maps bug or a hardware bug.

0 Likes