Update failed, phone is in infinite loop
DeLaCerda

Selected to install update, now my phone is in an infinite loop. Start screen -> boot from recovery -> install update -> errors out. Odin Mode can be accessed. Is there a boot.img available to fix this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Update failed, phone is in infinite loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not normal DeLaCerda! Let's stop this loop now! Remove the battery for a minute, then insert and power on to test.

0 Likes
missg777
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all, no kidding it is not normal. Secondly, a 10 year old knows to take out the battery and restart. Obviously that has been tried. Because of this failed infinite loop, my perfect galaxy is unusable and I have to use an iPhone and I despise the iPhone. Thanks again...this isn't the first time an update has f'd up my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

missg777 I know how frustrating it is to have trouble with your device. We'll do everything we can to get the device working again! Lets try to restart the device by pressing and holding the Power, Volume up, and Home buttons at the same time until the Samsung logo appears. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DeLaCerda

I grabbed a newer Samsung image from the internet and was able to flash it to the phone. But android crashed at the lock screen due to the failed update, adb wasn't responsive. Took it to the Verizon store in hopes that they had a back door method of fixing my phone...should have known better...after an hour and a half the Verizon kid handed me my phone and acted like I should be grateful..they flashed userdata, they completely waisted my time. Moral of the story, flash userdata and start over because the there is nothing more that Verizon will do for you.

0 Likes