Re: Update without WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsidnal, I can certainly understand your concerns about being able to update your Samsung Galaxy phone. Regrettably, system updates require a Wi-Fi connection at this time. If you run into any issues or need additional assistance please let us know.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
UncaDanno

This is unacceptably shoddy support for your customers. 

I sometimes have to wait a week before I can make the hour long drive (that's TWO hours for the round trip) to find a "free" wifi connection. 

Then have to put up with a barrage of spam for a week or so after the update. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. We do our best to ensure that software updates are easily available. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to change the way the manufacture wants the updates done.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Piddlestix

Okay Verizon. You mean to tell me as the richest most powerful wireless provider in the country you cannot recode to allow a Samsung OS update? Poor showing. Fix it.  

0 Likes
RachaelSP

Try turning on the cell phone hot spot. That is what I had to do with my iPhone X.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes