Updated Samsung S6 (7/10/16), frozen in Android is starting screen
AW2

I updated my phone a couple of nights ago with the recent update for my Samsung S6.  All was well today until it wasn't.  I looked down at it after using it during the morning, and it seems to be stuck on the Android is starting with 2 sprockets turning and 'starting apps with a bar across that looks like it is almost there. I had not restarted it, it did whatever on it's own.

It has been stuck like this for about 4 hours.  Pressing the on/off button does nothing. Holding it does nothing.

No battery so can't pull the battery.

I'm thinking I'll let the battery go dead? the charge it and try to start it then? 

What do do?  Has anyone else had this happen?  what is the solution??

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Updated Samsung S6 (7/10/16), frozen in Android is starting screen
AW2

Samsung support was no help.  Every suggestion to do, all i could say, was it was frozen.

Anyway and I let the battery go down, plugged it in and it restarted and seems to be OK, fingers crossed, for now.  At least it is back up.

0 Likes
Re: Updated Samsung S6   (7/10/16), frozen in Android is starting screen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try holding the power button and the volume down button until it shuts off. The method is the alternate for a battery pull and is needed on devices without a removable battery

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Updated Samsung S6 (7/10/16), frozen in Android is starting screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds alarming! Let us know what occurs after performing those steps. We look forward to your updates. KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes