Updated my S10+, can no longer text/call
idkflycasual
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just updated my phone on Thursday (6/17/21), and now I can no longer send or receive texts/calls.  I went to a store and they could not give me a new sim card because the system told them my phone is not compatible.  They recommended I call support.  I called customer support and they said my phone is no longer supported.  

The verizon website still shows the s10+ as a supported phone.  This was a "bring your own phone" unlocked and has been working for almost 2 years, no problems.  What is going on?  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Updated my S10+, can no longer text/call
idkflycasual
Enthusiast - Level 1

It took me going to the Verizon store twice, BUT after assigning a new sim card to a different phone, then placing the new card into mine.  The issue was resolved!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. We're sorry to hear that you've been advised that your S10+ is no longer compatible with the Verizon network, resulting in you not being able to send/receive calls and texts messages.  We've also noted your reference about not being able to receive a new SIM Card due to this matter. We apologize.

We've noted your reference about your phone having recently updated (It's software version). Typically, our store personnel are able to quickly assess if a device is compatible with the Verizon network. 

May we ask exactly what nformation was provided to you about your device no longer being compatible with the Verizon Network" (After having used is for almost two years) We'd like to help you in any way we can. How does this work for you? - RobertC_VZW

idkflycasual
Enthusiast - Level 1

It took me going to the Verizon store twice, BUT after assigning a new sim card to a different phone, then placing the new card into mine.  The issue was resolved!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused and I am glad to hear that a solution was found. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

0 Likes