Upgrade Issues
Im_Dissatisfied

Hello, I am posting today out of frustration with how poorly my upgrade has gone. BTW, it is still not resolved.

Two weeks ago I ordered an upgrade to S21 Ultra w/ 128GB. Was told it would be in store in 3 days. Fourteen days later it arrives.

After 3 hours in the store the upgrade fails leaving me with my old phone supposedly work and a promise to work on it the next day. After store hours I find that my trade-in is not working. Now my next day trip is cancelled unless I can get it resolved by Verizon Customer Service.

A call to Verizon Customer service results in an hour and a half on the phone and lots of finger pointing and no one willing to own the problem created by Verizon. I do learn that there is no ticket in the system from the in-store debacle. The call ends with a ticket number and promise that the issue would be escalated.

This morning at the store again with no work order in the system, so we are starting over for the third time. Finally the store manager tells me he will own the issue until it's resolved. About noon he suggests he will work on the issue if I want to go grab lunch.

Forty-five minutes later he is nowhere to be found, the original clerk is behind the counter. She tells me that the manager left her with an appointment at 2:50 to speak with someone who "can fix the issue." At this point I am looking at a, minimum, 4th time at this juncture in 24 hours. She has no plan of how to communicate with me once I leave the store.

In my 20+ years in high-tech R&D, working with many major players, I have never come across this level of lack of issue ownership, finger pointing, general incompetence and misleading representation.

Unless the issue is resolved today, my travel will postponed at least another day.

An unhappy customer, likely a former customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my! Getting a new phone should be an exciting experience, and we sincerely apologize, for the trouble you've had trying to get support! Your time is valuable and we want to help in any way possible. It does sound like you completed an in-store pick up order. How was your order placed initially? Have you received any emails from us regarding the status of your upgrade? Which store location were you picking this device up from?

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Im_Dissatisfied

Order was placed as walk-in to store with an upgrade.  As for emails, no.  I had to escalate through Go Wireless and Executive Customer Satisfaction.  The store location is not germaine as the issues were all primarily with Verizon software and lack of support from Verizon IT.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the insights and would like to fill out a complaint form on your behalf. Please send us a Private Note, so we can further assist you.

0 Likes