Use Mobile Hotspot to Connect to PC
JJGK100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before obtaining this warranty phone (S8+) I was able to connect to my PC (has a ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 Wireless-AC1200 Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe/mPCIe adapter). Using the mobile hotspot as Internet on my PC. Now with this phone, I cannot connect. I have renamed the phone the same name as the old one. The name even shows sometimes on the PC, but I cannot make a connection.

The PC is Windows 10 Pro w/ no specific antivirus/firewall other than the native Windows one. This phone has Norton VPN but not on when trying to connect to PC. But w/ Norton, anything is possible.

Any ideas or help? Need the Internet on my PC.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Use Mobile Hotspot to Connect to PC
JJGK100
Enthusiast - Level 1

After some Google research, I found that the IntelPro drivers for Windows 10 Pro could problematic. There was some suggestion of uninstalling the unstallining the IntelPro software that came with the PCIe, which I card did do. I also did a Windows Network Reset. I am now able to connect to my S8+ WI-FI Hotspot just fine—today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JJGK100 We understand the importance of getting your PC connected to your warranty Samsung S8+, Please ensure you enter the new password on your replacement phone when connecting to your PC, tap in the following link to check the steps to set it up on your cell phone:

http://spr.ly/6586D2Uw6

MariaV_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JJGK100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the message. Don't know if you saw my reply, I did get it working per the steps I took.

As for the link you and someone else sent, even when I sign into the forum I get:

An unexpected error has occurred

so I am in unable to read from the links. Not sure  what is up with that. If I have further PC Hotspot connectivity I will try the Twitter Support route.

Regards.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This transmission, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, regardless of the format or content and notify the sender immediately. If you obtained this via electronic eavesdropping, you likely violated the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.NOTICE: This transmission, including attachments and the content herein shall not be used in any format for publication, endorsement or editorial purposes. Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should access the links from the community website instead of email notification of a post in the community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.