Using Galaxy S7 Edge with LTE/UMTS/GSM SIM?
twinclouds

From what I read, Verizon Phone's SIM is unlocked.  Is this true?  If I visit another country, say China, can I plug in a LTE/UMTS/GSM SIM card, say China Unicom SIM card?  Will my Galaxy S7 Edge work there?  Please share your experience.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Galaxy S7 Edge with LTE/UMTS/GSM SIM?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phones are SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phones are SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
twinclouds

Thanks.  So it will work, right?  Have anyone tried that on Galaxy S7 or S5, S6?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a search of the community to see if someone wrote a discussion thread about their trip planning.

0 Likes
twinclouds

O.K.  Thanks.

0 Likes
heidischor

They might be factory unblocked, but it is a total pain in the neck to use another SIM card and that seems to be by design!. I tried in Germany, China, Fiji, New Zealand and Colombia. While my daughter does the same in her IPhone and bang the phone does everything for her. Verizon customers seem to be cursed with Verizon software that makes it extra hard. Phone calls usually function, internet access NOT. You need to change by hand your APN etc. Etc means I still have no clue. But I ended up talking taxis to China Mobile headquarters in Chengdu and Tigo service headquarters in Bogota to get help. In the beginning everyone says, "that's easy, give me a minute", ten minutes later you move up the chain of expertise. In Fiji the Vodaphone guy said, Verizon is the worse, get rid of their software and then you ahve an easy time. In short, your phone is unlocked, but Verizon did everything so you have a [Removed] of a time not using them. 

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes