Using Verizon Messaging and people are not receiving my texts NOR am I receiving texts that were sent to me! Went to old iphone and disabled imessaging but still not working. I'm a big texter for personal and business and am ready to go back to iPhone.
dhalper3

Just got the Samsung Galaxy s5 and am very frustrated that I am not receiving text messages that were supposedly sent to me.  Also, it says 'sent' but it is never delivered.  Or it might get delivered but mine still just shows being sent.  I re-started that phone and disabled my texting on my old iphone as some have suggested.  I'm ready to go back to the iphone just because of this issue.  Please fix this Verizon!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Verizon Messaging and people are not receiving my texts NOR am I receiving texts that were sent to me! Went to old iphone and disabled imessaging but still not working. I'm a big texter for personal and business and am ready to go back to iPhon
rcschnoor
Legend

I'll tell you it is some marketing coup that a problem Apple has created and has control over is being passed off on Verizon.

This problem is the result of you migrating from iMessage, a messaging platform controlled completely by Apple, back to a more mainstream messaging system of SMS/MMS. Verizon has no control over other iPhones "thinking" you are still using iMessage. NOTHING Verizon can do will fix this problem.

Try texting the word "stop" to 48369. Others have reported this has worked. Doing this should de-register your number with the iMessage system. You should receive a confirmation reply. It may take a day or 2 for other iPhones to completely register that your number is no longer associated with iMessage. You can also try calling Apple support and let them know you are not receiving messages from iPhone users after switching to an android phone from an iPhone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Messaging and people are not receiving my texts NOR am I receiving texts that were sent to me! Went to old iphone and disabled imessaging but still not working. I'm a big texter for personal and business and am ready to go back to iPhon
rcschnoor
Legend

I'll tell you it is some marketing coup that a problem Apple has created and has control over is being passed off on Verizon.

This problem is the result of you migrating from iMessage, a messaging platform controlled completely by Apple, back to a more mainstream messaging system of SMS/MMS. Verizon has no control over other iPhones "thinking" you are still using iMessage. NOTHING Verizon can do will fix this problem.

Try texting the word "stop" to 48369. Others have reported this has worked. Doing this should de-register your number with the iMessage system. You should receive a confirmation reply. It may take a day or 2 for other iPhones to completely register that your number is no longer associated with iMessage. You can also try calling Apple support and let them know you are not receiving messages from iPhone users after switching to an android phone from an iPhone.

0 Likes