VERIZON TRADE-IN PROCESS
Julie_A_McGilvery
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I upgraded to an S21 5G and took advantage of the $799.99 to trade in my Galaxy S9 which was in excellent almost brand new condition.  This was sometime in June 2021.  I did this on my lunch hour, as my spare time is nonexistent.   We wrapped up the deal, processed all the paperwork.....and then the Verizon agent attempted to enter the "trade in" code on-line, while I waited.  He struggled for several minutes and was not able to successfully apply my trade in code.  Finally, he wrote down the trade-in code on a sticky note along with the website to complete this final task and redeem $799.99 trade in.

Later that day I logged into the website given to me (VZW.com/trade-in). I also had no luck...so I figured  the website was down or something.  Tried again the next day....same thing. Tried again the next several days.  Got busy, a few weeks went by and I tried again.  Not working.  Finally I went into the Verizon store where this happened....and they told me I had run out of time. $799.99 offer no longer valid...and I get that. But why do they make this link impossible to claim your trade-in?  I smell something very shady going on here. Brilliant, Verizon! Just make it impossible to claim your PROMISED $$$, hope and pray customer gets busy and time will run out and.....just like that, my offer is null and void BECAUSE OF YOUR FAULTY WEBSITE.  Or WAS it actually faulty? Or set up that way....I mean, anything is possible. $800 X 5000 customers = 4,000,000 dollars. Guess if I am one of 5000, or maybe its 10,000?  Who knows?  Most people get busy and let it go.  I almost did, until I got so MAD!!!  I'm NOT letting this go, and I will pursue this even if I have to go to small claims court, or consumer arbitration.  I have the name of the agent who helped me, he will testify to what I've just said.

Verizon, you need to make this right.  I have been a loyal customer for 25 years. I will MOST DEFINATELY stop doing business with you if I am forced to take this to the next level.  I'd like to know from other customers how well their trade-in went (not the ones Verizon scammed you on your cell value, because I didn't even GET to that point). Others that never were able to get on the link (even Verizon agent who waited on me couldn't) because if there are many more out there, this is looking like a Class Action lawsuit to me.  I will not stop.

Labels (1)
Re: VERIZON TRADE-IN PROCESS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Julie_A_McGilvery, we value your 25+ years of loyalty and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you are receiving the promotional value that you qualify for is important. Allow us the opportunity to further assist. All device trade-ins will be required to be processed within 30 days of your purchase date. The trade-in process can be completed by following this link www.vzw.com/tradein or directly from your online My Verizon account. can you please clarfy if you were able to complete the trade-in process and received a Submission ID number?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Similar process happened to us during Verizon's "trade-in Trade-up" deal in June 2021...... Offered 579.99 for my XR and 679.99 for my wife;s S10e which we were given 300 each as a device credit towards our new phones... We already have a 55+ loyalty UNLIMITED plan, and due to Verizon's FINE PRINT we feel we got shafted... they wanted us to move up to a Start Unlimited plan... got... get this 90.00 a MONTH extra so we could take atvantage of the full upgrade price on our old phones.. WHAT? that's a extra 914.00 a year just for that plan... I've been reading the same issues from customers who have been duped by this misleading advertising and we can't all be wrong....

I'm filing a Dispute form and a complaint with the FCC/ BBB etc about this garbage..... CS with Verizon goes unanswered regarding the complaints....

laferri2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also been the victim of one of Verizon's bait-and-switch tricks, and every time I try to post about it here I get kicked back to the login page. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

laferri2, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your trade in. We are happy to assist in any way possible. To clarify, what issues are you having? *Joshua

0 Likes