VERY BAD RECEPTION!?!?!?!?
Bonesaw

I have owned my Galaxy SIII for only a few months.  Shortly after receiving it I noticed poor call quality while inside my home (zip 81507).  When I am out and about town it's better.  Now when I'm home I basically can only use it for texting and data (if linked to WiFi).  I used to have solid 4G service in my home and community, now I only have 3G or less.  My work phone is a iPhone 4 on Verizon and has a lot fewer issues with call quality and data.  Why should I pay for service for a phone that doesn't work in my home???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VERY BAD RECEPTION!?!?!?!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Bonesaw,

Having reliable service where you need it most is absolutely important. Thank you so much for the details. Let's review all possible options together.

As mentioned, when in town it's better, so we know it's not the device itself. I did review the 81507 area and it does seem that due to terrain some locations may experience service concerns, especially indoor. This would affect voice and data services.

When you had solid 4G service, what model device did you have? How far do you travel before service improves? Have we had the opportunity to file a network ticket for your home location specifically?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Bonesaw,

Having reliable service where you need it most is absolutely important. Thank you so much for the details. Let's review all possible options together.

As mentioned, when in town it's better, so we know it's not the device itself. I did review the 81507 area and it does seem that due to terrain some locations may experience service concerns, especially indoor. This would affect voice and data services.

When you had solid 4G service, what model device did you have? How far do you travel before service improves? Have we had the opportunity to file a network ticket for your home location specifically?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW

0 Likes
flatbr0ke

i have same problem new phone i am in area code 11416 i could be sitting by my desk and my phone does not ring at all...but put me 4 feet away to my porch and it is fine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi flatbr0ke,

Thanks for the information! I understand wanting to have a reliable cell service.

I reviewed the zip code you mentioned and see it's in a good coverage area. Indoor coverage can greatly vary, depending on factors like terrain or what a building is made out of. That's why we're not able to guarantee indoor coverage.

Have you tried anything like turning the phone off and on? Removing the battery and SIM card? Check out http://vz.to/1kJ2T2B for how to remove and insert the SIM card.

ElizabethE_VZW

0 Likes
amizuko

So I've been tracking reception lately. Verizon was always supposed to have the best coverage, which is why I originally switched. Even though Verizon was more expensive I always told myself that it was worth it because of the coverage. Lately I have noticed that both in my home and my office that I usually only have 1 or 2 bars at max. I can't keep Verizon's service with this kind of coverage. What kind of solutions does Verizon have? My Zip codes for home are 55446 and for work 55345.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience you have been experiencing. We reviewed your zip codes and there are no reported issues. The only thing we see is that there are no cell sites near the area. We are always working to expand and improve the network where possible, however I do not have specific information regarding future build plans in your area. 

~Ivone

0 Likes