Verification Codes not are not working
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why am I not able to receive any kind of verification codes at all? I can receive/send some normal text and normal calls, just not the verification codes

My new (3 day old) Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is not receiving verification code text messages like when I have to get'em sent to my new phone to verify the code of wherever it is coming from like Facebook, My Verizon and many other companies that have to send me a verification code to verify when it is required to verify it, is the new SIM Card faulty or what, why is this happening to the brand new phone, I don't understand one bit. Even the My Verizon from on website when I have to have a text message sent to me to allow or deny the access of my account by verifying it is not working, 

Like when multiple applications need to send me a verification in order to proceed on to the next step of whatever it may be to have to verify it, when they send it, I do not get no notification pop of it at all on my phone to alert me of an notification from whatever application it come in from, even if Verizon Wireless has to send me a verification request for me to allow access into my account, I do not get a verification request from Verizon as well, like the 2 factor authentication, a Verizon Wireless chat rep tried to refresh my network setting last night by asking me for access into my account to transfer my number over onto a different SIM Card to refresh my network settings, they gave me all types of steps to do as well when they got finished on their end and was telling me how to go into settings on my phone and do this and that, 

Why am I not able to receive any kind of verification codes at all? I can receive/send some normal text and normal calls, just not the verification codes, like if I have to verify codes from all different types of platforms in order to proceed on to the next step

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verification Codes not are not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a very good question. Do you have the OneTalk app on your phone?

*Debbie

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope I do not have One Talk, is that a app published by Verizon to help out with Text Messages to allow messages to come through when they require verification and etc

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I regret knowing you're not able to receive any messages. We can do a Network Reset on the device which should help. To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon! 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6002zk5S2

*Angela

0 Likes