Verizon Caller ID Overwriting "Update Existing Contact"
anonanon

When trying to merely, "Update Existing Contact," from a recent caller in the call log, the Verizon Caller ID is overwriting the existing contact name, with the incorrect Caller ID name, even if it's, "UNKNOWN;" which defeats the entire purpose of choosing, "Update Existing Contact."

This forces the user to manually delete the incorrect Caller-ID name; for example: "UNKNOWN NAME," line by line, and then re-insert the entire correct existing contact name, manually.

Please help. (RE: S10)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Caller ID Overwriting "Update Existing Contact"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anonanon, I can understand your concerns regarding the Caller ID being overwritten. Are you referring to the Call Filter App? What model phone do you have? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
anonanon

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Anonanon, I can understand your concerns regarding the Caller ID being overwritten. Are you referring to the Call Filter App? What model phone do you have? AlbertoR_VZW

Yes, I paid for the Call Filter Plus feature, with the S10, and the Verizon caller ID is conflicting with - and wholly undermining - the phone's, "Update Existing Contact," functionality.

The only time that Verizon's caller ID should be imported to contacts, is if the user specifically chooses to create a new contact. In fact, there should probably be an additional option, that clarifies whether the new contact will import Verizon's caller ID, or just be entered manually from scratch... so that users aren't stuck deleting incorrect caller ID information, line by line, multiple times, each and every time they add or update a contact.

But, choosing, "Update Existing Contact," should never be interfered with by Verizon's caller ID, because the entire point of Updating an Existing Contact from the call log, is because Verizon's caller ID is incorrect, or missing, in the first place; and the user is merely trying to ensure that known phone numbers are placed under their correct contact names -- from contacts that already exist.

Please initiate a bug report with your IT department, so that this functionality can be restored.

0 Likes
anonanon

This bug still exists. Did anyone try to address it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get to the bottom of this. Just to make sure we're on the same page, please describe the exact issues you're having.

0 Likes
anonanon

"Update existing contact" is not working, because the "Verizon Call Filter" is instead importing its own caller name.

So, the user then must delete Verizon's imported name, and recall the existing contact name, and re-enter the existing contact name all over again... which naturally defeats the entire purpose of "Update existing contact."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification, anonanon. Is the Call Filter app update to date and is the phone operating system up date as well? Here's how to look for and install an operating system update if available: http://spr.ly/6604GFRXC

Here's how to check for an app update: http://spr.ly/6605GFRXh

-RSM

0 Likes
anonanon

Yes, everything is up to date.

0 Likes
anonanon

So, just to clarify, this issue is happening when selecting a phone number in the "Recents" log, to, "Add to Contacts;" and then to, "Update existing contact."

If Verizon has its own Caller ID for a number in the log, it conflicts with the user's, "Update existing contact," process, by instead overwriting the existing contact name with the Verizon Caller ID name.

"Update existing contact," only works when Verizon does not attach a Caller ID to the "Recents" log.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional detail, anonanon. When going through the recents log of my S10+, I am able to update the existing contact without issue (and I do use Call Filter+). Accordingly, we'd need to report your specific device ID for this matter since it's not appearing as a known issue via our product forums. We have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional details. 

0 Likes