Re: Verizon Caller ID Overwriting "Update Existing Contact"
anonanon

Are you updating existing contacts with numbers in the call log that have a different Verizon NAME ID attached?

0 Likes
anonanon

I received that private message but I cannot login to that link. I got locked out. There has to be another way, because the system is not accepting my Verizon pin. I updated my pin, and it's still not taking. So, I don't know what pin it's looking for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great questions. The call log reflect your contact name as you saved on your device. Also, in this thread, I will send you a new Private Note.

0 Likes
anonanon

You must first understand how the call log works in order to address this issue.

Either a number is saved in your phone, or it's not.

If it's not saved in your phone, the only way a number has a name in the call log is from Verizon Caller NAME ID.

That's the crux of the issue here. 

When the NAME ID is not the same as what it should be, the user cannot simply Update Existing Contact. The NAME ID is trying to create a new contact, or overwrite the contact name that's already stored, which doesn't yet include the number Verizon has identified.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the hassle this has caused. I would suggest clearing the cache and data in the Contacts app to clear any possible corruptions that may be occuring. Please go to Settings > Apps> Contacts>  Storage> Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes