Verizon Customer Service, please help asap.
rwtalsma

Hello Verizon world,

Up until today you had a very happy customer who actively referred you to anyone who would possibly listen. A member of my family plan has a brand new Galaxy S8 (less than a week old). from the minute he got his phone he has had a case on it, not once has it been dropped, gotten wet etc. He simply put the working phone in his pocket, took it out 5 minutes later, black screen. We have talked to support on how to troubleshoot it.

Now where our problem is, we are leaving the country in pretty much exactly 24 hours (vacation to Vietnam). We are on a "corporate/government" plan. We have been told that despite multiple stores having piles of S8's that they would happily exchange for us, they cant because they can't access our plan and they cannot help us. So we call Verizon customer support. They tell us there is nothing we can do and we have to talk to the people we have our plan through (my old University). The problem there is, they are open 8-5 EST and when I have had them replace a phone in the past, they send it in approximately 2 business days. We are driving from Detroit to Chicago at 1 PM EST tomorrow (6/29/2017).

Some solutions we would be happy to do to help make this work:

- Pay the full cost of the phone at a Verizon store and then be reimbursed once the old non-working phone is returned

- Pick up a replacement device anywhere between Detroit and Chicago

- Ideally, someone who has access to our plan at Verizon simply makes a call and allows a store to replace our phone

Please, I understand we can take our old, barely working S3, but we are going on the trip of a lifetime, bought a ton of S8 accessories and he planned on using this as his primary camera.

I've read numerous other similar issues where Verizon's biggest unnamed rival replaced the phone no questions asked. Someone here can help us, please do the right thing Verizon.

Thank you for your outstanding customer support in advance,

Ryan

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service, please help asap.
rwtalsma

As an update our carrier says it's Verizon that is stopping us and that you would need to help us. Please please please help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. They can be reached at 1-800-922-0204.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you receive proper assistance with the device. You mentioned that within the next 24 hours, you would be located in Vietnam. We can attempt some troubleshooting here. You can also contact International Support, toll-free from a landline at 120-11781 while located in Vietnam.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ROBKWI76

help me. Now./

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you, ROBKWI76. How can we assist you today?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes