Verizon Messages vs. Message+
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have both Verizon Messages and Message+ on my desktop. Do I need them both? What is the difference between the two?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages vs. Message+
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

WP67 

Looks like the same app on Google play.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are they apps or browser shortcuts?  If apps, what versions?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WP67, it’s fantastic you’re using VZ Messages on your phone and computer. The computer browser option is if you wish to send or monitor messages from your desktop. It’s synced with your messages on your phone. Question #5 of our VZ Messages FAQ page confirms which desktops/OS versions are compatible with the computer version: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

If you’re using a computer, with specs below the listed requirements in Question #5, that version of the desktop messenger would no longer be compatible. However, if you do meet those requirements, you’re welcome to keep using VZ Messenger on your desktop. Let me know if you have any questions.  

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Question #5 of our VZ Messages FAQ page confirms which desktops/OS versions are compatible with the computer version: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

JohnT_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @johnt_vzw  Question #5 still says Windows 10 is supported but the Download link does NOT have a Windows 10 version available.  Over the past year, we have been informed on this Forum that the Windows 10 version was incompatible and (being) removed from the Windows Store.  Is there any update from anyone regarding the status of the Windows 10 desktop app development/troubleshooting?

WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response, but you only answered part of my question. I have BOTH "Verizon Messages" and "Message+" on my desktop computer running Windows 10. I downloaded Verizon Messages years ago and downloaded Message+ at a later date. They BOTH are working fine., but they are different applications.

1. What is the difference between the two?

2. Is one preferable over the other?

3. Should I delete one of them? Which one?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@WP67 wrote:

Thanks for the response, but you only answered part of my question. I have BOTH "Verizon Messages" and "Message+" on my desktop computer running Windows 10. I downloaded Verizon Messages years ago and downloaded Message+ at a later date. They BOTH are working fine., but they are different applications.

1. What is the difference between the two?

2. Is one preferable over the other?

3. Should I delete one of them? Which one?

What are the version numbers of the apps you have?  I have both v1.0.17.0 (WinVMAClient.exe) and v2.0.2.0 (VerizonMessages_40sg.....).  If they are working for you, I wouldn't delete either at this time until the sync issue is identified/resolved, if ever.  If they are different applications, then they must have different features.  Aren't those differences apparent when you use them side-by-side?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Message+ is formerly Verizon Messages. They are the same application, different name. Does this help? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes