Verizon Messenger 'try saying something' ding is very loud
GoodEnoughThen

When using Verizon Messenger,'s Text-to-Speech, the 'try saying something' or 'tap to speak" feature specifically, when I touch the microphone to trigger this feature it makes a ding sound. The ding sound is at top volume even though the volume of my phone is normally very low. This is very annoying especially when trying to do some dictation. Any way to turn off the ding sound or lower the volume? It almost seems like it's too loud for the built-in speaker and might damage it. I believe this started happening after the most recent phone update which was less than a week ago. Thoughts? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messenger 'try saying something' ding is very loud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help, GoodEnoughThen. I know how important it is to make sure this function is working properly.

Are you only hearing that sound when you first the "tap to speak" button, or do you hear it while you dictate the message? 

I tested this on my phone, and I also hear the "ding" sound when you first press the button. There is no option to lower the volume of that sound. If you place the phone on silent, you will not hear that sound when using this function. 

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!