Re: Verizon Samsung galaxy s3 update to 4.3 is coming
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

I don't blame you for leaving. I'm almost tempted to go back to Sprint. My co-worker has the same phone but with them, and he has the update, watched him load it up in the office. Let's not even mention the fact that they still have unlimited data, but the jerks at Verizon took it not even 6 months after I was sucked into the contract...If my anger hadn't gotten the best of me I'd still have Sprint and could have this phone running 4.3 instead of being told that they have no information...So sick of Verizon, and their stupid forum propagandists...."Updates are exciting....click this stupid link here to be directed to BS information you couldn't care less about."

Take a HINT Verizon....we're sick of your **. Give us real information. If you aren't releasing it tell us, we're all adults. If you are but you're busy "testing" it (aka loading your bloatware), then tell us. You know we're just going to  >>comments removed<< btw....dont count on my to "EDGE" myself into a new phone running 4.3 or to renew my contract if you can't keep your updates on point with everyone else....

>> Discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completely agree with you. They've definitely dropped the ball on this whole update thing. I've called in a number of times ive been told a wide variety of things ranging from: We have no idea when it will launch or wait there's an update for the galaxy s3? and its in the final stages of testing, and should be released within the week ( i was told this a week ago) This all coming from Level 2 tech support. We just want answers 1. Is there a 4.3 update? 2. WHEN will it be available. also please stop with the generic responses of check this site http://www.verizonwireless.com/news.html regarding any update. We just want information, no generic statements or responses. Simply put how would VZW feel if we called in and said oh our bill? we will pay that when we see fit rather than the day its actually due. As you can see through the numerous threads crated on this forum as well as others we just want to get a estimated date on an OTA.

gwhizkids
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree with Parth's statement here. Communication is key.  I realize that you have some legal restraints (or perceived legal restraints) regarding releasing detailed information about the upgrade.  That being said, you can certainly tell us something.  I think we would all be ok with something like "we are working on it and we hope to have it to you before XXX." 

As it stands, your company is looking very foolish because all of your major (and several minor) competitors have issued their versions of this software update with apparently little or no difficulty.  So this makes your claim to be testing it to ensure we don't get a buggy release sound a bit hollow...or worse, that your people not as skilled as their peers at the other companies who seem to be able to release this software to no ill effect.  I think you are better than this.  Please prove that I am right.

Thank you.

P.S. Please don't reply to this post with "upgrades are exciting" or "we like upgrades, too."  Those kinds of responses are patronizing and inappropriate.  We're mostly adults here.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

So wanted to share the knowledge with my fellow android/galaxy users. Spread the joyous message through the land:

Chat transcript removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks liek verizon removed the transcript. Could you post it over at XDA? heres the link

>> Link removed to comply with the <<

0 Likes
gwhizkids
Enthusiast - Level 2

Without violating Verizon's terms of service, can you sum up what was said?  Or, as Parth said, just post it over at XDA.  I assume it might be good news for those of us waiting for the 4.3 update?

P.S.  It shows that VZW is reading these posts!

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

>>comment removed<<   This thread was started 9 days ago, and not a single reply yet from Verizon. A simple date would be do just fine or even a detailed non generic response.

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation; please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

MODERATOR NOTE: The moderation team and the representatives are two distinct groups with different responsibilities regarding the Community.  The moderators simply ensure that posts are in compliance with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service and edit or remove those posts, or portions of posts, that are in violation.  This is primarily a peer-to-peer Community, users helping other users, so Verizon CS representatives typically allow the Community of users to provide answers first, and then they will confirm or provide additional help if needed.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gwhizkids wrote:

Without violating Verizon's terms of service, can you sum up what was said?  Or, as Parth said, just post it over at XDA.  I assume it might be good news for those of us waiting for the 4.3 update?

P.S.  It shows that VZW is reading these posts!

It only shows that a user reported the post to the moderators and it was reviewed and edited by them. As other posts by the mods have indicated, that group isn't part of the customer service group.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

In summary, they said that they had information that said the update was due for December, so it should be out before the end of the month.

>> Post edited to remove discussion of moderation; please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation; please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

IF YOU HAVE THE UPDATE TELL PEOPLE, STOP KEEPING THEM IN THE DARK!!!!

0 Likes