Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant stops at 66% for MI1 version - why?
Bill-S4

Do I do a hard shut down and reboot?

Right now phone's screen states: "Downloading...Do not turn off target!!"

PC screen shows Software Upgrade Assistant running but stuck at 66% for over an hour.

I need to leave for a trip ... do I do a hard shut down?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant stops at 66% for MI1 version - why?
AZSALUKI
Legend

can you not download the update over the air? i might try that. it's obviously stuck so i would restart it and try to update it without the assistant, over the air.

0 Likes
snakes200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just go into settings of your phone then find the section for about phone then choose software update. connect to a wifi spot and download the 4.3 update skip MI1 all together.

0 Likes
BenjaminSimon1271

I cannot get the OTA update to work either. For weeks it says, "Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later".

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi BenjaminSimon1271, let's get this update completed. It offers some great improvements. How much battery power do you have on your device prior to trying the update? The software update requires at least 40% battery level if  you're not connected to an external power source. You'll need 20% or more if you're plugged in. I would also suggest powering the device off for 20-30 seconds then retry the update. Keep me posted.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bill-S4

Hi Chauncey,

\Thank you.

I was able to update - now I'm at MJ7.

I'm disappointed however because I can no longer sync my outlook with my S4 phone via Kies.

>Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
nicholasb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hey there Bill-S4,

I am glad to hear that you were able to update your software on your S4 device. I'm sorry for the issues that you are having use the Kies software. If you would like to continue using Kies you are going to want to download the latest version of that application. It can be done so at the following link:http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/.

NicholasB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes