Re: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE...is there a problem or is it just absolutely misleading?
hotsaucecommittee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Antonio,

As a VW rep, you owe a little more to us than to state something so egregiously incorrect in this forum. Read the forums sir.....example after example of people who did factory hard resets and I have yet to see one single person (on Verizon forums, Droid forums, or Galaxy forums) who said that a factory hard reset worked. I get that you need to tote the company spiel, but please do a little homework before stating something that might make people go through the nightmare that can be a hard reset based on your whim. If your "resources" are so reliable, then can you back up your statement with some specific testimonials or facts? Or will Big Red not allow you to do that either? T-Mob, Sprint and ATT looking better and better each day that passes that Verizon doesn't admit publicly that this is a clear software issue and can only be resolved by an update which they (hopefully) are working feverishly on. So tired of seeing so many ppl talked into trading in their brand new single owner handsets for refurbished pieces of garbage just so Verizon can keep blaming Samsung and Google when clearly Samsung and Verizon should be apologizing and working together on a fix.

Re: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE...is there a problem or is it just absolutely misleading?
jre422
Enthusiast - Level 2

As many others have stated-  this does not resolve the issue.  What is the next step?  I am paying for a service I can't use because of Verizon's fault. Are we able to receive "loaner phones" until this update is fixed?

Not applicable

Google it on Sprint, I posted a link for the problems and one for AT&T and T-Mobile Samsungs update is the place to vent your anger. Verizon added a caller id program and if you have read these forum posts via turning it off fixes some of the issues. The rest lies with Samsung who had the update pulled and is working on a patch.

Cellular companies have to stop doing the ota updates for manufacturers, and stick just to providing access for calls and data.

Vent to Samsung that is where your patch will come from. Google provides the OS to the makers of the phones who play with it and then pass on to the cell providers. Yeah Verizon is not blameless since they added junk to it and then put it out.

GoBigPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm.. this is really odd.  Noticed the same thing for the last month or two.  Just started doing speed tests and getting horrible results on LTE.  Try turning off the LTE network setting so you are just running on 3G.  If your speeds are fine on 3G, mine where actually faster 1.64 upload and .83 download to me this tells me there is nothing wrong with the phone but some issue with the network.

0 Likes
GoBigPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

These speed test are highly accurate, more high level tech people use them all the time.  I have used the same app and website for the last 10 years.

0 Likes