Re: Verizon allowing used phones to be sold as new
Not applicable

MODERATOR COMMENT: The poster is NOT a VZW employee. 

>Post deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LinuxNinja

Lesson learned:

Unboxing the phone involves breaking the seal

Installing the battery involves breaking the seal

Installing the sim involves snapping it out of the plastic

Setting up the phone involves accepting the End User Agreement and navigating the Setup Wizard.

The phone should still have the plastic screen protector firmly sealed in place.

There is a little-known code you can dial (or at least, could have dialed last time I tried it) that will tell you the total operating and talk time of this phone. Find the code and use it to see if the phone is really 'NEW'.

0 Likes
Sillywillie

I think I may have come across one of these stores in Wisconsin - won't name city because it's the only one in town.  Can't prove my phones were used because I cannot get Verizon or Verizon 3rd party store to give me information I have requested in a very polite tone.  Can you tell me the definition of a blacklisted phone?  I have asked Verizon and unknown to me "third-party" store and have been told everything from "I have never heard of this" to being on the phone for insane amounts of time with no resolution.  I did state that I would just contact Samsung and was literally yelled at and told "No"!  I admit I just get so frustrated and stop asking about it for a while and then I try again and the same happens.  I did speak with one rep that actually tried to help and gave me the codes but the phone did not function as expected.  After I think almost 2 hours, I gave up again.  I love my phone but hate having to deal with some very odd issues that should in no way be on my phone.  By the way, my S9, that was purchased at the same store had a virus on it when I bought it.  Both phones were purchased and received no promotions except for paying off my device early to upgrade.  Thanks!  Almost forgot about my tablet that came with a screen that juggled up and down constantly.  They did exchange that even though it was past the 7 day return policy even though it was insured - I felt so lucky!  The one I received in exchange is extremely slow, the turtle and snail called for help on a rotary phone and beat the tablet (ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration).  My actual monthly bill is much, much higher than quoted.  But what am I going to do, start the process all over again with a different store, different carrier (had to pay over $900.00 due to ending contract with Sprint less than 30 days of expiration date because the sales associate told us he knew how to get it waived.  He no longer worked there about 12 days later - no comment!!!)????  I pay my bill (expensive) every month on time and would just like to receive the service that I pay for.  Anyone who can give me info about "blacklisted phones, would be doing a great service to anyone else that is going through the same problem.

0 Likes