Verizon message app galaxy s7
1runningQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get rid of the Verizon messaging app, where is the old text messaging app located

Re: Verizon message app galaxy s7
ATCleary
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same question here. Words cannot convey how much I HATE the Verizon Message+ app! The old one was fine! When you upgrade, why can't you keep the apps you want from your old phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that the other messaging app is missing? Try disabling the Verizon Messages+ application and see if another application becomes the default text message application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

On my S7, there is a Samsung Messaging app in the App's list.  You may have to search for it (I also sorted by A-Z) to make it easier to find.  If unavailable in your app list, you can probably install it from the Play store.

Good luck

schoondog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung has that app search for it and the first time you use it it will ask if you want it to replace the other message app. VZW app has a lot of weird features and isn't as nice as the Samsung messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ATCleary, I wan’t this app to work nice and easy for you. What seems to be going on with the application?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Agnes, we want you to be able to use any texting app you want. Although, we provide the messaging plus application, you can still opt to use the messaging app that came on the phone. To switch to the original app, just pull up your apps and look for messaging. One you select it , it will ask “if you want to use as your default”. Just say yes and you should now be able to use that app.  

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes