Verizon says they are washing their hands of the S4 Kit Kat update that has renderred thousands of S4 phones useless. All they will do for you now is offer to sell you an S5 for $800, or if you refuse to buy it, they say it is Samsung's fault and then the
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon says they are washing their hands of the S4 Kit Kat update that has renderred thousands of S4 phones useless. All they will do for you now is offer to sell you an S5 for $800, or if you refuse to buy it, they say it is Samsung's fault and then they switch you over to the Samsung support phone answering system. I can not believe that they are getting away with this!Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

0 Likes
Re: Verizon says they are washing their hands of the S4 Kit Kat update that has renderred thousands of S4 phones useless. All they will do for you now is offer to sell you an S5 for $800, or if you refuse to buy it, they say it is Samsung's fault and then
rckrz6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive been fighting the loosing battle also.  ready to pay my early termination fees and move on.  they approved the update months after the other carriers and texting still is broken

0 Likes
Re: Verizon says they are washing their hands of the S4 Kit Kat update that has renderred thousands of S4 phones useless. All they will do for you now is offer to sell you an S5 for $800, or if you refuse to buy it, they say it is Samsung's fault and then
Not applicable

And Verizon is correct. Samsung made the phone not Verizon.

Google makes the operating system, they send to maker of device, device maker sends operating system to cellular provider's they test to see if it works on their networks. They then send out to customers phones.

The cellular provider is not responsible. The device maker is.

And like any retailer, they sell phones and accessory's for many different manufacturers.

Take the issue up with the device maker. They are the responsible party.

Good Luck

0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

While I do agree that Samsung makes the phone and Google the operating system and Verizon is just the carrier. But I paid Verizon for the phone and service. So when my phone acts up and since I pay them, it is Verizon's fault/problem.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No you paid Verizon just for the service.  Just like ANYWHERE in the world.  Europe being more consumer friendly all point to the manufacturers for things like that.

The European versions have the same problems as the US versions.  If Verizon was responsible wouldn't things be different with the European counterpart?  So why is Europe blaming Samsung, and we are blaming the US? Remember they do have subsidized pricing just like we do as well as outright.  So why do they get updates first?  Customer pressure going different places is why.

Not applicable

As Tidbits pointed out, you pay for service only. That service is a connection to the cellular and data network. Period.

Verizon sells phones like Best Buy and Walmarts does. These stores sell all different devices, if you get an update to the phone you don't and cannot return to Best Buy and Walmarts and complain. If the operating systems bricks your device. You go to the maker of the device.

These stores unlike Verizon wireless do not warrant your device after 15 days of purchase. You have to use the manufacturer warranty on your own.

So as I said your issue is with Samsung.

Good Luck