Very Bad Call Quality
anthonyreo
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are experiencing, intermittent, very bad call quality just from my home area.

While on a call, with good quality, as we approach our street the call often immediately goes bad.

From inside our house it also happens often, on both our phones, and makes completing the call impossible.

While we are away from our home area everything is fine.  I suspect a cell tower issue.

It is getting intolerable.  My son is an attorney and his court conference calls are often affected. 

This started about 6 to 12 months ago.  How do I get Verizon to correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very Bad Call Quality
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, anthonyreo. That is certainly far too long to experience issues and I would be happy to work with you to provide service that you can count on. Have there been any changes in your area? Do have access to Wi-Fi at home? If so, have you enabled Wi-Fi Calling on your phones as shown here: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ Wi-Fi Calling will help improve cellular coverage by leveraging your Wi-Fi at no additional charge.

0 Likes
anthonyreo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add only our outgoing audio quality goes bad not the other party's audio quality.

It happens to both our phones, it makes no difference if we are using wi-fi calling or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anthonyreo I appreciate the details. Can you please tell me where this is happening(provide the closest intersection)? To clarify, you are using Wi-Fi Calling, is this correct? If yes, do you have High-Speed internet at home? I assure you we will do all the research necessary to get this resolved for you. 

0 Likes
anthonyreo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The out going audio quality goes bad as we approach the intersection of State Route 84 and Tea Rose Drive, in Mentor Ohio. The other party usually hangs up as they cannot understand our audio. It happens about 75% percent of the time. I have WiFi calling enabled on my phone and my son did not have it enabled, it doesn't seem to make any difference. It happens to both our phones???  I have broadband internet service, 50 mbs.  Although I have wifi calling enabled I can't guarantee that it is indeed using wifi to make a call. 

0 Likes
anthonyreo
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=186295897&cp=0&s=tpd&pinned_post=true&section=posts&ct=n4dGyT0p...

It appears many people in my area are experiencing the same problem.  This person posted the exact same problem and 66 people commented, most of whom are having the same problem.

Verizon really needs to check out the tower that services the area, now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing audio quality issues when you make calls in a specific location, anthonyreo. I would like to clarify that WiFi Calling only works when you are connected to a WiFi network and I understand as per your message that you experience this audio quality issue when you are driving and approaching a specific area, so WiFi Calling will not be connecting your calls. Please note that several factors outside of our control can impact signal and calls and the area or the distance to the nearest cell tower may impact service at that specific location (https://www.verizon.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/). 

If you are at that trouble location now, please power the phone off for 2 full minutes to reset the connection to the nearest tower and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
anthonyreo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since dozens of people in my area are complaining of this same issue I would think it cannot be related to my equipment.

You really need to have an engineer look into this as many people are ready to drop Version because of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, Anthony. Are you still experiencing the same problems? Are these other people experiencing the issue near your home, or on the road nearing the intersection you mentioned?

0 Likes
anthonyreo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am still having the same problem as are many people in the area of mentor and concord township Ohio. we really cannot continue to use our phones with this problem.  I will have to, reluctantly, seek service from someone else if it cannot be corrected.  You really need to have one of your engineers look into this.