Voicemail "Audio Controls Resetting" when Samsung watch =connected
Georgiegirl63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. But ONLY since connecting my ●Samsung Note 9, Android V10 to a ● Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2, (8B3C) Model# SM-R830. One UI v2.1

■Here's what happens when I press "play" ▶️ on a VM: It says ■"Audio Controls Reseting. Please wait.". It will play if I wait but it happens again if I click pause or play again. Not just one VM, same story, all different VM's.

■No problems playing VM when dialing *86.

■HowEVER,ℹ If I disconnect (by turning off Bluetooth) the problem goes away.

Clearly a compatibility issue.

Re: Voicemail "Audio Controls Resetting" when Samsung watch =connected
JRACEGIRL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same watch, so that must be what is causing mine to do that. Thank you for the information. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Georgiegirl63 We certainly want to do everything we can to help you out. We sent you a Private Message here in this forum.

0 Likes
mrozek1500
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. I was about to test hard resetting my phone until I read this. I turned off Bluetooth then Visual Voicemail works fine. 

0 Likes
lovemygrandbabies

I am having the same issue.  No problems checking anywhere else. I have the active 2 watch as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Is this only happening on the Voicemail app, or are other apps having this issue? If you wait, are you able to hear the voicemails? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
ackara95

Same issue with Active Watch 2 and voicemail. Disconnected from Bluetooth and it works fine now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ackara95

Glad to hear that you were able to get it working.  Have you checked o see if all of your apps and all devices involved are up to date on their software? If so have you reset the watch to see if the issue continues while connected to Bluetooth?

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail
Gh2000

Add +1 to the list having this problem.

I just today replaced a four(ish) year old Samsung Galaxy Watch 2 with the 2020 version of the Galaxy Watch3 45mm as the battery on the former was shot and I wanted newer health features.

With the old watch (and older ones from years before) I never had issues with using the voicemail app even just in the last few days.  Today, just an hour or two after linking up the new watch, I got an unrecognized phone call and declined so that it went to Verizon voicemail.  When Visual Voicemail notified me, I tried to play it just as always and there was a long pause and then a popup message saying “Resetting Audio Controls”.  

Just like everyone has said, it does play but it takes a long time and I feel like I didn’t hit the play button.

I have *no* problem accessing voicemail via *86, but certainly prefer the simplicity of using Visual Voicemail like I have for years.

The watch code is fully updated as per the fresh install today and the phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9 with Verizon obtained via BestBuy also updated with all recent OS pushes and Google Play store apps.  

Visual Voicemail About says it is version 12.0.00.8.

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, our customer's feedback is greatly appreciated and your account concerns are our concerns too. Thank you for providing such great details and we're here to assist you in any way we can. Congrats to you on getting your new Samsung Gsalaxy Watch 3 (45mm). Let's continue working together. How long have you been experiencing  issues with vieiwng a notification "Resetting Audio Controls?" Are you experiencing other service issues with your Smartwatch or the Visual Voicemail feature? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes