Re: Visual voicemail goes to lock screen
depreciated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Settings Reset did it.

0 Likes
Mynticelx

There is definitely a BUG in the latest voicemail app. The PAUSE happens when you turn off AUTO BRIGHTNESS. If you leave Auto brightness ON - no pause will happen.. if you turn it off and put the phone to your ear, the voicemail app will stop when the screen turns off against the ear. This needs to get resolved....

0 Likes
lucidgreen

I have the same problem. When I bring the phone to my ear, it doesn't lock immediately, though. I can keep pressing the play button, but it does eventually lock despite continuous input. I'm looking for a setting for this, but I can't help but wonder if this doesn't have something to do with performance mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always here to help, Mynticelx. How long has this problem been occurring?

JesseS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
depreciated
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done the dreaded clean wipe of this phone and does not fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jzkawa,

When listening to your visual voicemail privately through the earpiece, your screen should not lock up. Let's get this fixed. Have you powered the device off/on? Also, let's complete this step http://vz.to/2oJSTMn and let me know if the screen locks still.

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JZKAWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

My screen Does Not Lock... Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear. I have a Note 5 with visual voicemail app, it worked until the most recent system update last week.

When I try to listen to a voicemail, I press play, put my phone up to my ear, the screen turns black like it should, message playing then after a couple of seconds the screen returns and the voicemail is paused. When I press play again the same thing happens. I am very tech savvy, The very first thing I did was to power my device off/on, also force stop the app. Also try changing settings. My display is set for 2 minutes.

BTW, do not recommend me doing a factory reset. Not an option, there are other fixes.

0 Likes
Juminix
Enthusiast - Level 1

figured out it has something to do with the sensor that next to the front facing camera on the Galaxy S8 (i tested it out and the screen goes black when i cover this sensor with my finger, and when i let go, it comes back the the VM screen with the play button available). why is this doing this?? i just got the galaxy S8. never had this issue with the s6, what setting can i change to correct this issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The screen blacks out because the proximity sensor indicates the phone is close to something. The blacked out screen is to prevent the call from being accidentally disconnected. I'm not surprised by this behavior.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes , but in this case it also pauses the voicemail. you simply cannot listen to the voicemail if you hold it to your ear. its broke.

0 Likes