Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visual voicemail
Charlie770

How to download Verizon's free visual voicemail app

0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@Charlie770 wrote:

How to download Verizon's free visual voicemail app

The visual voicemail application will be pre-installed on Verizon Wireless branded phones. The application isn't available for download on unlocked unbranded phones. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Charlie770, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. The Voicemail feature is vital to have, so my goal today is to make sure you are able to use it. What model phone do you have?-Dia

0 Likes
MereAndFrik

I'm struggling with the same issue.  So if I understand you correctly Ann154, if my new unlocked phone doesn't specifically have "Verizon" imprinted on the back, I have no way to download or use visual voicemail?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Due to differing technologies, an unlocked device may experience limited functionality the network . What is the make and model of the phone, MereAndFrik?

-David

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@MereAndFrik wrote:

I'm struggling with the same issue.  So if I understand you correctly Ann154, if my new unlocked phone doesn't specifically have "Verizon" imprinted on the back, I have no way to download or use visual voicemail?

Basically correct. Any smartphone not directly purchased from Verizon Wireless or isn't branded as a Verizon Wireless model won't be able to use the Visual Voicemail application from Verizon Wireless. For example, the Pixel phones don't use the Verizon Visual Voicemail application regardless if you purchased the phone from Verizon Wireless or not. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes