Voice Biometrics/ID registration
orowilbur
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had numerous phone conversations with tech support the past month.  Each time I contact them, just before I am directed to an agent, I am informed that Voice ID (Voice biometrics) is available, and if you are interested in signing up for it, press "1".

The problem is that none of the agents were familiar with this service, and couldn't give me any details, until my latest call, when the agent was able to gather some information.  I was told that, even thought I am an account manager, with full authority, only the account owner was eligible.  No explanation.

The reasoning was that the service is so new that they don't have all the variables worked out yet, so I would have to wait for them to work out all the kinks, or something to that effect.   

So why don't they mention the conditions/limitations when initially making the offer.  I don't understand.  Can I get an explanation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice Biometrics/ID registration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello orowilbur, thank you for contacting us. We've got great news! Voice ID is now available for Account Managers as well. Know that English must be the preferred language on the account, and the account can't have a mandatory PIN. Business and government accounts are not eligible for Voice ID. You can learn more about this service at https://www.verizon.com/support/voice-id-faqs/

~Baldo

0 Likes
Re: Voice Biometrics/ID registration
orowilbur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I just discovered the main issue causing the confusion, which none of the tech people were aware of.

The customer must be a Verizon "Fios" member.  I am not. 

0 Likes