Voice Mail notification stucked at 14 messages
jgenterpises

Ever since I bought this phone (Samsung S6)  in November 2015, the voice mail notification shows 14 messages.  I don't have any messages saved or otherwise.  I have been to several Verizon stores, and Best Buy stores and no one seems to know why or how to reset it. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail notification stucked at 14 messages
pherson
Champion - Level 1

HHave you actually listened to your messages and deleted what you didn't need?

0 Likes
jgenterpises

The quick answer would be yes.  But more accurately, there were no messages to play or delete.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing the cache for the email app (App manager, find the app and clear cache)

You can also try a system/partition cache clear that will clear a lot more - and may get rid of the bogus notification. Instructions here: http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/533-samsung-galaxy-s6-perform-wipe-cache-parti...

One other thing you can try if the above suggestions don't work - call from another phone and leave yourself a brief message.  Then call your voicemail and retrieve it, then delete it.  It may clear out the  erroneous total.

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this it worked for me. Settings, Applications, Application manger,More,Show system apps,scrol down to  Phone(there will be 3) Do this to all 3  . Click on Storage now click on clear cache button. Do this to all 3 phone apps. This should clear your counter

0 Likes