Voice mail box empty but notification still on
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

My device: Samsung S4

Everything was fine until Verizon started updating their Voicemail service.

I had to log on to my account and reset my PIN, so far so good.

I get voicemail now and can log in and listen and delete voicemails but the notification stays on

even though the mailbox is empty. This all started after Verizon updated the Voicemail system.

Have looked at some others with same issue here and tried the clearing of the cache and data under Voicemail app

but this has not worked for me.

So now seeking more answers to cure this Verizon created issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice mail box empty but notification still on
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's now fixed.

Not sure exactly where I was on phone but emptied data and cache and notification finally went away.

I had done that under the ALL apps tab at first so was puzzled why that didn't fix it. I think what I finally

did was hold my finger on the voicemail notification that shows as a small horizontal window like you

get when you swipe down from the top to expose other notifications (updates missed calls etc) and

that opened like before and I could see that DATA and CACHE were not cleared so I cleared them

and the notification went away. That's all I can remember now..

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this for the basic non-visual voicemail or the visual voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Basic non-visual

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The usual trick that works for me is to call your own phone number from another phone and leave a 2 second message (basically a hangup call) after you hear your greeting. Then on your phone access the voicemail through the dialer and delete the message you just left. The notification at the top of the phone screen then disappears.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried it, no luck.

I ended up with 2 notifications and when I erased the self induced voicemail the second notification went away but still have one.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please post the screenshot on the community?

0 Likes
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops, I was mistaken on the 2 notifications. Still just one that never goes away even when voicemail empty.

I don't think this is a phone issue but an issue with Verizon and their new voicemail system upgrade, something on their end is not right and not sure they really care about it.

Due to this issue may be time to jump ship.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or get a newer phone.

0 Likes
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not a good choice, it's paid for and newer phone cost is out a this world!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The cost of the phone depends on which model you are looking at. The price can range from $150 to $1000. $150 isn't out of this world. You can also look at purchasing a slightly used phone from a third party retailer like Swappa too.

0 Likes