Voice to text is lagging in Messaging and 2 other apps.
markv68
Enthusiast - Level 2

When input times out, "tap to speak" appears and the rest of the dictation appears. frustrating. 2 weeks now. Happens with Google Translate and WeChat as well. Have done a reboot in safe mode, happens there as well.

Thanks!

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice to text is lagging in Messaging and 2 other apps.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markv68 We appreciate all of your efforts. Based on the details you provided, the next option would for you to attempt a master reset on the device and retest. Performing a master reset will delte all of your information so it is important that you back up your contacts, pics etc. Here are the steps: settings,back up and reset,factory data reset, reset device, delete all. The device will take a few minutes to restart where you will set up your phone again. 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure there is no more lag, markv68. Can you please go to Settings>More>Application Manager>All and scroll to and select each application, Google Translate, WeChat and Google Voice typing. Once you have selected an application, please clear the cache/data and test to see if it continues to lag.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
markv68
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for responding, Andrea. To test your theory, I erased all the cache in each of the apps, with no resulting change. I then cleared the data in Translate, and still no change. Prior to clearing data in WeChat, which has many friends, pictures, conversations, etc, I will need to get an SD card to transfer data. But the test on Translate seems to indicate it's something else. When I dictate a sentence, it always holds back the last word, waits to time out on speaking, then adds the word as the "tap to speak" button appears. In Translate, "No connection for speech input" appears just before it times out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markv68,

Thanks for the additional troubleshooting and information. How long has this been going on for you? Did anything change recently that would cause this issue? We understand the importance of having this feature work. We will work together on it to resolve this issue.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
markv68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, it's been going on about 2 weeks. I have not downloaded any

new apps in that time frame. Not a big app user. Doesn't matter if I'm

connected  to a network or not, same problem. I have tried clearing the cache

and data in  Google Translate, had no effect. I have also uninstalled

Translate and  installed it again, same problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markv68 We appreciate all of your efforts. Based on the details you provided, the next option would for you to attempt a master reset on the device and retest. Performing a master reset will delte all of your information so it is important that you back up your contacts, pics etc. Here are the steps: settings,back up and reset,factory data reset, reset device, delete all. The device will take a few minutes to restart where you will set up your phone again. 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kjtrelfa
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is a terrible answer and doesn't seem like a feasible solution considering multiple users are having this issue.

0 Likes