Voicemail Error
indyjones995
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S10e and my voicemail is not working. If someone leaves a voicemail, I get an error message saying "Something went wrong. We ran into a problem. Try again later." I also get this message if I try to manually refresh the voicemail app. All of my old saved voicemails are there but it says it hasn't updated in a month. I have tried restarting my phone, force stopping the voicemail app and clearing the cache, and making sure the voicemail app is on the "never sleep" list. I am unsure as to what is causing this or how to fix it. Please help! I have missed some important messages and calls because of this!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

indyjones995, I have some important things going on in my life and require my Voicemail to work in case I miss those important calls.  I would have so much extra stress and headaches if it was not working properly.  How is the message Something went wrong...." show up for you (pop up, audio when checking the message, etc)?  If not yet done can you please call *86 to check your voicemail the old-school way, and when you call can you confirm if you have the voicemails and are able to listen?  When did this voicemail issue start?

-Santo

0 Likes
indyjones995
Enthusiast - Level 2

The message shows up as a pop-up like all of my other app notifications. When I call *86, I am able to listen to all of my messages with no issues. I just don't get a notification saying a have new voicemail, only a notification for a missed call. This has happened before but resolved on its own after I push the refresh button a couple of times, but this time it just gets an error message and says the visual voicemail last updated on June 18th. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, indyjones995. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
BAGUBA

This is also an issue for me as well as my daughter. We get a VM, but are told there was a error. It can take anywhere from an hour to weeks before the VM arrives to listen to it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, that is not good to hear.  We can  understand the frustration with not being able to hear your voicemail when it is received.  Please send us a Private Message, so we can look into this. 

*Lisa

0 Likes
scrandallsr

I keep getting the "something went wrong" message. I've tried the "settings>apps>voicemail>force stop>storage>clear data" path, and it works for the next message, but then goes back to "something went wrong - contact Customer Service". So here I am. HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help with questions and concerns. Let's get started. Are you having trouble with your visual voicemail or *86 option? 

-Corey

0 Likes
mivanov

I to am having issues with Visual Voicemail on my S10e. It was intermittent but has progressively gotten worse. I'm missing every voicemail as it comes in. I get the error message then have to try and manually refresh to get the message to appear. Sometimes when it does refresh I end up getting voicemail messages I've missed for several weeks. Now manual refresh isn't working at all.

0 Likes
indyjones995
Enthusiast - Level 2

After spending much time with customer service, the solution I was given was to turn the Wi-Fi off, then refresh the visual voicemail while connected to mobile data. It will not work if the Wi-Fi is on, even if mobile data is on as well. It refreshed within a few seconds for me once I tried this. It is frustrating that such a seemingly basic function of our phones can't function while connected to Wi-Fi, but this is the only solution that they gave me. 

0 Likes