Voicemail Ghost
Chris_irish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the most recent update my GS3 has been having trouble.  Every time I lose reception it tells me I have a voicemail.  Then as soon as I get back to a spot where I have signal it says "oh, no you don't, nevermind."  Its annoying because I keep my phone on vibrate and anytime I'm in a place where my signal drops in and out my phone is vibrating in my pocket almost constantly making me think I have a message.  How do you I fix this?

Thanks

Re: Voicemail Ghost
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris_irish,

Lets put a stop to these "ghost voicemails". Have you already removed and readded your SIM card before traveling to the areas where you have service issues? Are you using basic voicemail or visual voicemail?
Keep us posted.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
uglysquid
Enthusiast - Level 1

What do you mean about removing and readding the SIM card?  Is that something I need to do before going to work each day where the signal is bad in places, or is that something to try once?

I have the same problem and I am using basic voicemail.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Resetting the SIM card is something you might try once or twice to establish a fresh network connection and update the Preferred Roaming List (i.e., which towers your phone uses).  Turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and wait a few minutes for the phone to establish a fresh network connection.  If that doesn't work, you might try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate VzW store.

0 Likes
uglysquid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I will try that in the morning before heading to work.

0 Likes
Chris_irish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using basic voicemail.  I tried turnong off the phone, taking out the sim card last night and putting it back in, problem still happened this morning.  Pull into parking garage, "you have a voicemail!"  Walk out of garage, "nevermind!"

Tonight I will try taking out the sim card and waiting a few minutes.

0 Likes
Chris_irish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removed sim card, left out for ten minutes, put back in.  Problem still persists this morning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris_irish, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. We recommend that you access your voice mail from your device, enter your passcode, and check your messages. Once you have completed checking your messages, press the (*)star key to end your session. This reset the voice mail notification feature on your device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follw us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chris_irish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well yes, I have of course checked my voicemail a dozen times since this issue began, since I'm constantly being told I have a message.

I checked again and pressed * at the end this time, has not fixed the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, Chris_irish. I can confirm that we are actively investigating the reports of these voice mail concerns. At this time, we do not have specific information about a future resolution.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes