Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now for the bad news.  I tried DKP89MN's suggestion - disable lock screen, reboot, and open voicemail.  Everything worked initially as it did with wiping the cache for me, but then the same thing happened - the issue came back.  I opened and closed the app 3 times and on the 4th time it paused on blackout.

0 Likes
jed9340
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just left my security settings alone with it enabled with fingerprint and pin and rebooted. You are right the app works fine after a reboot. I played a message and used the home button to exit a few times and it kept working, but after closing completely out and opening the app it stops working properly. So it seems the reboot phone process clears the bug but it locks in after running the app once.

Maybe the app hangs up on close and a thread gets locked up when restarting the app that causes the defect. Rebooting the phone resets the bug temporarily.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

This seems to be true for me as well.  At this point I can say that it is most definitely an issue with this app.   Verizon rep can you please put us in contact with a Verizon Voicemail developer to get this issue resolved.

0 Likes
xxxxxxxcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

My version of Visual Voicemail is 5.0.42. I use my phone for work and security is imposed so removing it is not an option. Verizon, why not just admit the problem is on your side rather than making your paying customers jump through hoops to find a fix? Isn't that YOUR job?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate all the valuable details you have provided and time you've taken to test solutions, jed9340. I'd like to ask for you to make sure that all the apps on your phone, not just the Visual Voicemail app, have been updated through the Play Store in My Apps. The efforts you have already put into this have not gone unnoticed, and I have forwarded all the details everyone provided in this forum to our developers to work on a more permanent resolution than the restart you mentioned. Thank you for your patience.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
laughbooth

So @VZWsupport, when can we expect a fix or resolution to this problem?

0 Likes
dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is also happening on the brand new S8.  So, yes, all apps have been updated. The Visual Voicemail version on the S8 is even updated from the S6 version. The version I have is 10.0.13.  I had this same problem on the S6 and would have expected Verizon to fix it with their latest update.  T-Mobile is looking more appealing everyday.

0 Likes
JZKAWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

MY VM worked until the last Verizon update.

No other changes or additions were made to my phone.....

NOW Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear.

When I try to listen to a voicemail, I press play, put my phone up to my ear, the screen turns black like it should, message playing then after a couple of seconds the screen returns and the voicemail is paused. When I press play again the same thing happens.

I have a Note 5.

Latest Update has a problem.

It needs a programmer to fix it.

Not uninstalling apps.

Not clearing Cache

Not running in safe mode

Not rebooting phone

Not changing settings

This problem needs to be escalated ASAP !

0 Likes
jed9340
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply JenniferH_VZW. As mentioned in previous posts, I work as a pro tester for a software dev company, so I know very well the process required to troubleshoot issues. One of the very first things to check is to always be running the most current versions of software. So I can guarantee as far as the play store is concerned, I am updated.

In case your devs need it (though it doesnt appear to be phone specific based on this thread), I am running on a Samsung SM-G928V, Android version 7.0, updated to baseband version G928VVRU3CQB9. If you need any further information, please let me know or you can have the developer contact me directly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

48crash, thanks for your patience. I know you have been working at a solution for quite some time. Let's work on resolving why your visual voicemail feature still doesn't work properly. I see that the app worked properly when you put the device in safe mode. That means that the problem is more than likely a 3rd party application. I know it can be annoying, but the best thing to do is delete the applications one at a time testing visual voicemail while out of safe mode until you figure out which application is causing the issue. To turn off safe mode simply restart your phone. Please keep us updated.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes