Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MarcusS_VZW I would suggest you read the prior responses in this thread where we determined the issue is in fact with the Verizon Voicemail app and the prior @VZWSupport reply from @JenniferH_VZW.  Your reply is not helpful and was already covered a few pages ago.  Please put all of us in contact with an actual Verizon Voicemail dev so we can actually work to get the issue resolved instead of posting the same unhelpful responses.

tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's some very interesting info... I installed YouMail, a completely different voicemail app. I went to listen to the sample message, and ... message playback paused. EXACTLY like Verizon Voicemail.

So I played messages from both YouMail and Verizon Voicemail, then covered the sensors at the top of the screen. The apps performed identically: screen went black briefly, then voicemail playback stopped.

Then I shut down my phone, cleared the cache partition, and restarted my phone. BOTH apps played back fine for a while, then BOTH went back to the same behavior. I can only listen to my voicemails by using speakerphone or by calling voicemail.

Not sure what's causing the issue, but I didn't have this problem with my Sprint Galaxy S7. I switched to Verizon and now I can't use my voicemail app...

0 Likes
dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an S8 that I set up as new - so no apps installed.  The voicemail problem is still there.  What's odd is that there is no problem if I just dial *86 and listen to my messages.  It's only when I play the message from Visual Voicemail that the problem exists. 

0 Likes
xxxxxxxcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same pattern with me. It's just the Visual Voicemail that has the bug.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is every employee of Verizon tech support as clueless as those on this thread?

Please READ the whole thread before spewing the stock responses,  which are less than helpful

Verizon's responsiveness here is ludicrous

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

48crash, we understand that the thread may seem repetitious at times. However, we are assisting customers individually, because situations do differ.

This link further explains safe mode > http://vz.to/2pajaUk  and explains that if the application doesn't behave after using safe mode you will need to complete a factory reset as a last step. If the application still doesn't work after the factory reset we will be able to confirm there is an issue with visual voicemail itself. That way we can make our engineers aware of the issue. Please keep us updated on whether it works after the reset.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
depreciated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Pay.

I went old school. I added each app back one at a time. Samsung Pay was the app that broke it. Disabled the use of "favorite cards" and VM works again. Enabled the favorite cards, VM broken again.

Enabled favorite card use ONLY on lock screen and VM works again.

JoelCool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nice work!  Confirmed with my S8+.  Had only one card registered and it was the favorite.  Removed it from favorites and I could listen to visual voice mail again.  So I made it a favorite again and went into the "Use Favorite Cards" and turned off "Lock Screen".  I can still listen to visual voice mail.  So the downside is I can't swipe up when on the lock screen to use Samsung Pay, I have to press the power button first.  No big deal to me.

0 Likes
laughbooth

You are a genius and deserve an award from Verizon!!  It worked!  However, Verizon still needs to step up and fix the problem because I still want to use my favorite cards and my Samsung Pay.

0 Likes
JoelCool
Enthusiast - Level 2

@laughbooth, you still can, see my reply...

0 Likes