Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

As long as your expectations of Verizon are very low,  you won't be disappointed by their total incompetence.

alchemista2

well the Samsung Pay edit worked for me and a few others, but still annoying in that we shouldn't have to adjust our Pay app to get the voicemail app working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is disappointing to hear, RickBeatty. We always want you to be happy with your services and want to make sure you're getting the best customer service. Please tell us more about what has you saying this today?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go look up ELIZA on Wikipedia. Verizon is like that.

Verizon responses to this problem are scripted and worse than useless in that they send customers down rat holes like factory reset,  which has been shown not to fix this issue. Worse,  it causes customers significant lost time and frustration.

No real help is offered. Verizon doesn't care. People expect Verizon to care. However,  Verizon doesn't have any reputation for caring about things like this.

The result is inevitable. Verizon reputation will erode,  other providers will improve,  and Verizon will find themselves without any real competitive advantage. A reputation is hard to build but easy to destroy. Verizon is taking the easy path but it isn't sustainable.

I pity the poor employees of this poorly managed company who will ultimately suffer.

traceywashere
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I switched about 2 years ago. We both have the exact same problem. I use Samsung pay more than voicemail. Hubby doesn't use it at all.

The utter lack of real support here is straight up sickening. Don't you realize Verizon that your canned answers over and over while not even taking into account the hundreds of responses that factory reset didn't work only serves to completely dissatisfy your user base? We got Verizon because we currently live in the boonies and this is the only service available. In a month we move to tx. I'm sure there'll be tons of other options.

Get this, my first immediate frustration with Verizon was the very first call to my cell ... AS the guy was activating it ... Call source? SPAM. ROBOT CALLS (which are expressly illegal) I NEVER got calls like this on At&T. Not only that, but somehow your call switches allow for spoofing of both caller id name AND number. How of that even possible?

Accountability folks. No other carriers have this problem (voicemail), ONLY Verizon. Fix your app. Get with Samsung and fix your OS customizations.

This is not NOT worth the frustration!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

traceywashere,

We certainly understand your point of view here. I assure you that it is never our intention to cause you or any of our customers frustration. Our technicians work diligently to rectify all of our customer concerns as soon as possible, some may take longer than others to fix. We would hate to see you leave the family here. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you in the meantime.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

"We always want you to be happy with your services and want to make sure you're getting the best customer service. Please tell us more about what has you saying this today?"

That response made me throw up a little bit in my mouth...

Sorry.

edias
Enthusiast - Level 1

In an effort to elevate this issue I contacted Verizon Global Support +1 (800) 711-8300. I travel quite frequently and have always found that this team at Verizon are the only ones who understand the technical complexities of software/hardware interaction. They have helped me anytime I have ever had an issue even while traveling abroad. I contacted them to day and the tech support person researched the issue for us. Here is what we were told:

"Verizon and Samsung have identified the issue and are currently working on a patch" She even contacted Samung directly to try and nail them down to a release date but they did not have a projected schedule at this time. She will update me via email as soon as new info becomes available. She will also notify the moderator at Verizon to see if we can get an official response posted to the community.

RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!

I hope you are correct.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

My solution to this problem until Verizon can get their app fixed was to just download YouMail and set it up.  It actually seems like a better voicemail app than Verizon's.  I just use the free version.  That being said, you may have to change a setting if you run into the same issue, but at least they have the setting unlike Verizon Voicemail.  If you try this and get the same issue go to Settings > Messages > Uncheck 'Turn off screen' and you will be good to go.  I have gotten a few voicemails with this setting disabled and have not had a single issue.

I do want to say before a Verizon rep comes in and says 'see, it happens on other voicemail apps so it is not our fault' - NO, bad rep.  What the issue is, is that both Verizon Voicemail and YouMail do not have code to handle the setting conflict with Samsung Pay (and other apps with a similar setting).  Since those two apps do not have the code to handle it, they just pause and bring the screen back active (essentially error out).  Google Voice on the other hand DOES have it in their code - you can play a voicemail, put your phone up to your ear, the screen goes dark, and the Voicemail keeps playing without issue.  It is not really a surprise to me as Google does have some of the best devs out there and they are proficient in what setting conflicts would come up on their own platform. 

0 Likes