Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
WENDEN58

Disabling Samsung pay favorite cards does help, thanks!

Verizon customer service totally unhelpful.

0 Likes
tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

11 months and 172 replies later, the problem is not fixed. The original post says, "This question is Assumed Answered."

C'mon, Verizon... sharpen up your pencils, put on your thinking caps and figure out how to make Verizon Voicemail play nice with Samsung Pay. This problem doesn't happen to people with T-Mobile, Sprint or AT&T wireless, so perhaps you might focus on program code specific to Verizon's modification of Samsung factory firmware. Just a wild guess.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have installed the update on my Samsung S8+.  The one that specifically says that it solves this issue,  and guess what!  It DOES NOT solve the issue.   At all.  Come on Verizon.   It is time to have your devs reach out to one of us for help and beta/stage testing.

Rdag

I just had an update about an hour ago to Samsung pay it said minor fixes. So I went in and test it my voicemail and believe it or not and now works as normal like it's supposed to without stopping. So at this point I'm believing that was the fix.

0 Likes
BREBER4

Oh thank goodness! I checked for an update to Samsung Pay, and things now work for me as well! Wow!

0 Likes
BREBER4

Looks like an update to Samsung Pay just fixed the issue! Can't believe it took this long, but thank goodness!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Confirmed that this fixed my SGS7 as well.

Thanks to all who helped!

0 Likes
Tylerdurden8us
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldn't celebrate just yet LOL. I was one of many others who never even had Samsung pay installed and still have the voicemail issue LOL.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BREBER4, we're very glad to hear that the issue you were experiencing with Samsung Pay has been resolved for you. Enjoy your week ahead! If there is anything we can assist you with please visit us at: http://vz.to/2mirAc5. RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wouldn't trust the "jump to conclusions" mat quite yet. After ensuring my Samsung Pay app is up-to-date, I restarted my phone to see if the "fix" worked. I listened to one voice mail message and it did not pause when bringing the phone to my ear. I then switched folders to see if a deleted message functioned the same way and guess what?! Yup, there's the bug. That result is consistent when every other trouble-shooting method I've tried. Un-install Samsung Pay, re-start, check twice...there's the bug. Re-install Samsung Pay, re-start, check twice...there's the bug. Verizon isn't even trying to fix this. Nothing has changed. I still don't think the problem actually has anything to do with Samsung Pay or any other 3rd party app. It's all on the Verizon voice mail app. Fix it already!!!!!

0 Likes