Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
BREOSB27

Hi. Your response is pathetic. Why do we even bother? We are trying to help Verizon and you come back with..."Although this forum is designed primarily for community interactions, we strive to help with unresolved issues."

That's saying, hey I really don't have to help you, but I reluctantly will.

Here is what you should have said..."Hi, we here at Verizon are here to help. I have read the almost 200+ threads on this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that you still have this on-going issue. Given that numerous customers had this issue, and it was thought to be resolved by the latest update, it appears that the latest update has caused your problem to occur. Since we were able to resolve to this  issue with Verizon customers, I am confident that we can resolve it for you."

So 200 posts and you still are asking us to troubleshoot? I know the issue betree than you...so why not read all the posts again and send this thread to your top software people.

0 Likes
BREOSB27

I also will tell you that I moved to California recently where AT&T has a large presence. We live about 1 mile from a tower that has VZ but yet we have 2 bars at best and our calls drop.

We had the same issue back east and we lived 20 feet from the cell tower. One day, after living with it for 4 years, a Verizon guy in a lift went up and all of a sudden we had 5 bars...this after complaining to Verizon and evendors buying a range extender.

0 Likes
adubs300

I am still having this issue. Was there ever a fix posted>?

0 Likes
Bkat919

Hi, i was still having this problem as well. No solution was posted and my phone has all the newest updates. A post earlier from verizon stated resetting the setting. THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!!! I Have a Note 5. I went to settings> backup and reset> reset settings only. Phone will reboot itself and the issue was resolved.  If course you have to reenter wifi passwords and notifications, etc. But this was driving me crazy and now it is resolved. Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
Bkat919

Revised 4/30/2019*******

Ok, so the fix above (reset settings only) only worked for a few minutes after resetting the settings.  I did this very late and thought it was resolved. 24 hours later, i started getting a 2nd lock screen that popped up and would not go away. I double checked all settings and uninstalled 14+ apps. I disabled the option to overwrite system settings in app mgr. And checked settings for samsung, Google and norton antivirus ( known to make changes to system settings and options). Restarted phone and 2nd lock screen was still there and voicemail still stops when put to ear. If I removed the system lock screen, the weird 2nd lock screen was still there. Noticed that the only apps that still provided notifications were google (already checked settings) and a weather widget that i use on my home screen for the last 3 phone. When i uninstalled the weather widget. Is was resolved. No longer do i have the 2nd lock screen and can listen to every single voicemail message (lifted to my ear)  without issue. This was well over 3 days ago. Still working fine and no new issues. I hope this helps somebody!!

0 Likes