Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
xxxxxxxcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem. I recently updated my Note 5 to Nougat and that is when it started. It appears that this is a bug. All I have to do is wave my hand over the phone when the message is playing through the built in earpiece and the screen goes black for a second and the playing stops.

Verizon Wireless Support, you have commented on this thread 6 times and done nothing but ask questions. Do you have any type of solution?

0 Likes
JULDOR71

This is what worked on my samsung galaxy s6:

settings- applications- application manager- voice mail- Force Stop

I hope it helps

0 Likes
depreciated
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK so did a factory reset.

Fixed the problem. Then I started putting my settings back the way I like them.

VM is broken again.

0 Likes
azisme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Force stopping voicemail did not work for me.

0 Likes
azisme
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem went away when I rebooted after force stopping voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

48crash, I understand how this can be a concern. I want to make sure that we get your Visual Voicemail running the way it use to before the update. Can you please try to place your Note 5 into Safe Mode and re-try the voicemail: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175656/ Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Galaxy S7. Same problem.

As soon as the phone is close to my ear, voicemail app pauses. Playback through speaker or Bluetooth works fine. Come on Verizon. Give us a solution. This sounds like a software bug for sure.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Force stopping voicemail and rebooting do not help

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

RickBeatty, we can definitely understand your concern with the voicemail situation. We certainly wouldn't want you to miss out on any important message. Let's keep working on this together. Since the force stop and the reboot were unsuccessful, can you please try restarting your phone in Safe Mode:  Restart in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless and then testing the visual voicemail service this way? Please keep us posted with the results while you're in Safe Mode.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Voicemail works correctly in safe mode

0 Likes