WIFI CALLING DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK
micselafey

I have WIFI calling turned on and connected at home but when the Verizon signal is weak I still have some trouble making and receiving calls! Isn't WIFI calling always supposed to make/receive calls when connected to a WIFI signal?

Been trying to figure this out for several months now so hopefully someone can help.

I have an S10e.

Thanks, Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI CALLING DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to utilize Wi-Fi Calling whenever it is needed.  The Wi-Fi Calling should work (after being activated) even in areas with no service.  If it is experiencing issues, then it is most likely related to the device itself or the Wi-Fi network.  What specifically happens when trying to make and receive calls?  Does this happen when connected to other Wi-Fi Networks for Wi-Fi Calling as well?

0 Likes
micselafey

What I've noticed is mostly at home if the cell signal is weak I have trouble making/receiving calls sometimes. I have WIFI calling turned on and connected but I rarely see the WIFI calling logo. And the other day the cell signal was in and out and I had trouble with a few calls. It seems that the WIFI calling feature never took over the call. It should have in this case right?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It should in this case. What speeds do you receive when connected to your Wi-Fi?

0 Likes
micselafey

Between 50 - 70 mbps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are certainly good speeds with your Wifi. From your phone settings, please go to Connections then Wifi Calling and check the Roaming network preference is set to Wifi preferred. It may be a good idea to change it to mobile for 1 minute, and change it back to Wifi preferred.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
micselafey

It was set to cellular preferred so we'll see if that solves the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds good, micselafey. Let us know if the settings change from cellular to Wi-Fi preferred does help with being able to maintain your calls over Wi-Fi.

EbonyR_VZW 

0 Likes