WIFI CALLING
asheville43

I have been using Verizon Prepaid for at least 2 years and originally had wifi calling.  I am using a Samsung s7 unlocked phone and do not have wifi option on the phone.  Why? How can I restore?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI CALLING
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help you figure this out. When a device is made for a specific provider, there is some technology all providers share, but other technology for the network is specific to the provider. This device may not be able to connect to the service the same with our provider. I can help you troubleshoot. Please meet us in a Private Note to look at your account as well. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
Re: WIFI CALLING
Ventuckyspaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an unlocked Motorola Stylus phone I got from Motorola and we got a Motorola Stylus phone for my mom through Verizon. Hers has wifi calling built into it yet on my phone the options aren't there. From what I understand if I stuck in a T-mobile Sim card into my phone wifi phone service would appear in my menu and work properly. I'm just extremely annoyed that my phone is capable of wifi calling but because I didn't purchase the phone from you your network purposely turns the feature off to try to get me to buy a new Verizon phone. Well I get a good LTE signal in my house and I have Google Voice if I need to make a call or a text through the internet while having no service. I'm even considering porting my phone number to Google so I can have this feature a way better transcripted visual voicemail. I just saw this message now so I apologize for the late reply but I really doubt you can do anything to turn on wifi calling in my phone even though the exact same model works on my mothers phone since we got her phone from you guys. With Google Voice there is no point in blocking wifi calling from unlocked phones that can do it. It just aggrivates the customer. 

0 Likes