WIFI connection for phone use when VZ signal is low
Candy2014

At my house I get poor signal from VZ (surrounded by huge 200 foot trees!).. I'd like my SIII to automatically switch to my wifi when I'm home. Is that possible? Or is there a way to manually switch it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WIFI connection for phone use when VZ signal is low
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Candy2014,

We want you to always have a great signal! Sorry to hear the signal is poor. Have you contacted our tech support team to have the engineers take a look at the signal at that location? If we can do anything to help with the signal we want to do that for you.

To answer your question, the Samsung Galaxy S III has the ability to both connect automatically and manually. It depends on your preference and whether the Wi-Fi is broadcasting the SSID. To use the automatic preference go to settings and touch "Wi-Fi." Then turn Wi-Fi on at the top. Touch scan at the bottom and select the network you want to join. Then enter your password. You should then see that you are connected.

To add a Wi-Fi network manually you would access the Wi-Fi settings as you would to automatically detect the network. However, instead of touching the word "Scan" touch "Add Wi-Fi network." Then enter the information for the Wi-Fi network you want to join.

Hope that helps! Let us know if we can do anything else to be of assistance!

Sincerely,

BrianP_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does turn on the Wifi on the phone not help it connect to the wifi router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Candy2014,

We want you to always have a great signal! Sorry to hear the signal is poor. Have you contacted our tech support team to have the engineers take a look at the signal at that location? If we can do anything to help with the signal we want to do that for you.

To answer your question, the Samsung Galaxy S III has the ability to both connect automatically and manually. It depends on your preference and whether the Wi-Fi is broadcasting the SSID. To use the automatic preference go to settings and touch "Wi-Fi." Then turn Wi-Fi on at the top. Touch scan at the bottom and select the network you want to join. Then enter your password. You should then see that you are connected.

To add a Wi-Fi network manually you would access the Wi-Fi settings as you would to automatically detect the network. However, instead of touching the word "Scan" touch "Add Wi-Fi network." Then enter the information for the Wi-Fi network you want to join.

Hope that helps! Let us know if we can do anything else to be of assistance!

Sincerely,

BrianP_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes