WPA2 vulnerability on Samsung Mobile
ainai
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the vulnerability notes database  Vulnerability Notes Samsung is listed as having issued a patch.  I realize that Verizon has to check it out before pushing it to customers.  When is the expected date of the push.  I will use mobile data until it is patched.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WPA2 vulnerability on Samsung Mobile
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The October 3rd update included the blueborne patch.  Samsung Galaxy S 6 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

It can take a little while before Samsung gets their numerous devices updated for the latest vulnerability.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model are you most concerned about?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i haven't worried about it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i got an update the 21st.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Thank you for bringing this to the forums attention. I have a Netgear router and it says that it has to be in bridge mode to have a affect. I just got a update for my router the other day when someone on here mentioned about the Krack that are affecting phones. 

0 Likes
ainai
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update would be for a Samsung Galaxy S6

0 Likes
ainai
Enthusiast - Level 2

My last update was on October 4

0 Likes
ainai
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says it is up to date at this time

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The October 3rd update included the blueborne patch.  Samsung Galaxy S 6 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

It can take a little while before Samsung gets their numerous devices updated for the latest vulnerability.

0 Likes
ainai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks

0 Likes