Want to let my grandson use old S7 - how should I prep phone?
gzt7d8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to give my grandson my old S7 phone to use as WiFi only. I've reset the phone to original factory settings but as expected it still shows my phone number which I'm still using on my S21 phone. 

I've turned on Airplane mode for now. Is that good enough or should I remove the sim card and if I do, can he still use the phone via Wifi?

Greg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to let my grandson use old S7 - how should I prep phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Factory reset the phone and remove the SIM card. From there you can turn on airplane mode and Wi-Fi. Then you can set it up with his Gmail account for applications and other person specific information. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Factory reset the phone and remove the SIM card. From there you can turn on airplane mode and Wi-Fi. Then you can set it up with his Gmail account for applications and other person specific information. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a good question. The device can be used on Wi-Fi only without issue. You can remove the SIM card for now if you wish, but it would not be necessary. *Jesse