What can I do to fix calls being dropped after last update on Samsung S7 Edge?
KSTORMS
Enthusiast - Level 2

After doing the recent update, when I use WIFI calling, the call will last for 1-6 minutes then the call will drop stating, "WIFI Disconnected. Call Ended". But the WIFI in the house is working fine, no interruptions with it through computer, tablet, or even on the phone through the chrome app. this was not an issue before the update. I need WIFI calling since I do not have network coverage at my house.

0 Likes
Re: What can I do to fix calls being dropped after last update on Samsung S7 Edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kstorms, WiFi calling is one very helpful feature, and we are here to assist with helping keep that experience consistent. Let's take a closer look at this. When the call drops and the message pops up about WiFi disconnecting; Are you initiating the call through WiFi calling first, or through your Advanced Calling/4G LTE service?

Does the same occur with the call if you have your phone set to Airplane Mode, but with WiFi enabled for the WiFi calling feature?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: What can I do to fix calls being dropped after last update on Samsung S7 Edge?
KSTORMS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am initiating the call through Wifi (my advanced calling is set to use Wi-Fi when network connection is not available). I do not have network connection at my house and it only works to place the call through Wifi.

Airplane mode turns off all data and WiFi, so the call cannot even initiate.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KSTORMS, I am not giving up on ensuring your WI-FI calling works for you as having the ability to use your phone at home is a must. Let's continue working together to resolve this issue. Are others in your home also experiencing the same dropped WI-FI calls? Airplane Mode should still give you the ability to use WI-FI as it only brings a stop to cellular data.  Let's have you check the activation status of your WI-FI calling feature. Click the link provided for the steps and please keep me posted. http://vz.to/2cACSs1

NatashaA_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KSTORMS
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 3 Samsung phones (two S7's and mine, the S7 Edge) in the house. The S7 on the T-Mobile plan works in the house, but they had to put a booster on it.

The S7 and S7 Edge are the ones on my Verizon account, they both drop calls the same way. 

The link you sent below only shows an error page. And if the airplane mode is on, we get a message that it must be turned off to make a call. So it doesn't help with WiFi calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kstorms we want your device to work with WiFi calling. Let's keep working on this. Sorry that the above link was giving you trouble. Please try this link instead http://spr.ly/65848iGWm and keep us posted.

AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes
KSTORMS
Enthusiast - Level 2

That link is for instructions to turn on WiFi. That is not my issue. I have all of that set correctly. And it has been disconnect from those options and reset many times trying to troubleshoot this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KSTORMS,

It’s essential for us to make sure your Wi-Fi calling is working properly. Let’s continuing trouble shooting this matter. Have you tried connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi connection outside of your home?  If so, can you please let us know if you are having the same experience?  We would also like for you to restart your phone on Safe mode. Please follow this link to do so and share your results http://vz.to/2q3LmNO.

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KSTORMS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I restarted in safemode. Same issue at the house with WiFi calling.

Don't know how to select just WiFi calling outside of the home since advanced caling only has the option to "Use WiFi when mobile network is not available". My home is the only place I go that does not have mobile network available.

Besides the WiFi calling not working, there are no WiFI issues with the phone. It is strictly when it tries to use WiFi calling.

None of this was an issue before the last Nougat upgrade on either of the phones. I even made sure WiFi calling worked at the house on my phone before I decided to buy my mom a phone from Verizon rather than a house phone. I'm really regretting it now as my mom is elderly and if we cannot fix this, I will need to get a phone that can work.

0 Likes