What does "Device software modified warning" mean?
nspenguin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the device software modified warNing from Support & Protection. I can't seem to find any info on this or what app is causing it.  The link provided on the warning sends me to a vz page taliking about ways to stay safe with the mobile but no info on if my phone is compromised.  The virus scan is not finding anything. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Device software modified warNing question
Snn5
Legend

That message is just a pop up ad-type of notification to remind you to subscribe per month for a fee to Vzw Protection.  Your system was not modified.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it probably won't return to the lockscreen if the game is being played & you set the phone down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did you have your phone plugged into a computer when you go the warning? Have you downloaded any new apps? Do you have allow downloads from unknown sources allowed on your device?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nspenguin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was not on wifi. I had my blue tooth enabled while driving.  I had the message appear when I got to my destination. 

I do not have the box checked for downloads by unknown

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That message is just a pop up ad-type of notification to remind you to subscribe per month for a fee to Vzw Protection.  Your system was not modified.

0 Likes
nspenguin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks